VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

MarkInTexas

Question

Has anybody out there had any dealings with a company called Veterans Evaluation Services? Apparently, the VA has contracted with them to perform C&P examinations and testing on veterans. I see from their website that they are apparently headquartered near Houston.

I was called yesterday (Saturday) by a representative of this company (called me from a Tennessee telephone number) who advised me to call an 877 number on Monday to schedule my C&P examination. He did not know what conditions I was being examined for. (I have several, but tons of medical documentation on a few). He was polite, and told me that he simply didn't know, but that I would learn more on Monday when I called the number.

He further advised that his company was also contracting with "local" doctors to administer the examinations, and that I might not even have to drive to Houston. I'm still not sure what he means by local. I'm 2 hours from the VAMC in Houston.

Any information about this company and its services would be appreciated. And better still, any veterans that used them during their C&P process have good/bad experiences? Any advice would help me.

I'll try to post more tomorrow after I make the call to them to schedule. Have a great week.

Mark

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Alright, here's my last (so far) experience with Veterans Evaluation Services. I had an audiology C&P Examination this morning at a clinic contracted by VES, who contracted with the VA. It wasn't too bad. I walked in, and the clerk immediately addressed me, asked for my VES questionaire (which was e-mailed to me to complete) and also for my VA travel voucher form. She signed/dated the travel voucher form, and faxed it off (presumably to the VA or VES), and then stamped it and handed the original back to me. (Different scenario than my previous experience a few days ago.)

They had me fill out a basic office type questionaire form with all of my information, and then had me go into an inner lobby. I waited a few minutes, and then the doctor brought me into the examination room.

Just like the previous time, this doctor opened a laptop, and logged into some account, which brought up my VA records. She browsed through it, asked me several questions about my military history and exporsure to noise, and also my current situation with tinnitus and hearing loss. Then she took my questionaire and utilized a great deal of my narrative in her remarks sections.

Afterward, I took several audiology tests. I imagine they are the same that everybody goes through, and when she was finished, she shook my hand. She did let me look at the front examination page, and explained that I suffered from hearing loss resulting from noise trauma. (I don't remember all the fancy medical terms used) This time there was no mention of recommendations or phrases spoken like "at least as likely as", but I'm glad I did it. We'll see what she writes, recommends and what the VA interprets.

One recommendation I would make to anybody utilizing VES for audiology C&P's is that you might type out a good narrative regarding your military history, noise exposure, and effects on your work and personal life. I got the feeling that a narrative attached to the questionaire might have assisted a bit. This was the Lufkin, Texas office though. Might be different elsewhere, but couldn't hurt.

I wish everybody luck, and I'll sit and watch again as the VA decides if these C&P's do the trick, or they will need even more information that 2 years and nearly 2 months can bring.

Mark

I just found this topic and wanted to add my two cents, for what its worth. I am currently rated SC at 90% for several issues(60% CAD, 40% lower back DDD, 20% diabetes, 10% hypertension, 10%left knee, 10% right knee, 10% hearing, and 10% tinnitus). I have applied for TDIU due to back getting much worse, and the VA has me going thru VES also. I received the same introductory letters and forms you did, and have a general C&P exam scheduled for 8/21 and an audio C&P exam on 8/22.

In both exams, VES has contracted with local docs to do the work. Glad to hear you had positive experiences, and I'll hope for the same. Good luck to both of us.

I just found this topic and wanted to add my two cents, for what its worth. I am currently rated SC at 90% for several issues(60% CAD, 40% lower back DDD, 20% diabetes, 10% hypertension, 10%left knee, 10% right knee, 10% hearing, and 10% tinnitus). I have applied for TDIU due to back getting much worse, and the VA has me going thru VES also. I received the same introductory letters and forms you did, and have a general C&P exam scheduled for 8/21 and an audio C&P exam on 8/22.

In both exams, VES has contracted with local docs to do the work. Glad to hear you had positive experiences, and I'll hope for the same. Good luck to both of us.

Good luck to you too, Rich. Hope all goes well for you.

Mark

Okay, had my general C&P exam this morning with the doctor contracted by VES. I got there about 30 minutes early, and sat down as direcdted. After about twenty minutes I had to stand-up for awhile due to the back issues. Then ten minutes after that the doctor cdame for me.

Started out with alot of questions read from what I assume was a standard VA form. Then examined me with regard to blood pressure, heart, back, and knees. I must say it was the most comprehensive exam I've had since dealing with the VA. Lasted about an hour. At the end he said he felt I had full range of motion in my knees, but definite serious back issues.

Tomorrow is the audio C&P, and then we'll wait some more. Back surgery coming on Monday.

Rich, thanks for updating on your VES experience. I hope that you get a positive rating soon. Good luck on the next exam.

Mark

Thanks Mark. Audio C&P went well. Good luck to both of us. Also Mark, I have a question to ask you. How do I send you a private email?

Edited by RichSal2451