VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Waiting Game

Rate this topic

krbkwb02

Hello all, I have had a request for correction of VARO error pending since April. They admitted it was a mistake on their part and I would be paid w/ retro. I just can't understand why it still takes them so long to get this corrected and paid out. You would think they would address these "no brainers" and get them out of the office so they could focus there attention elsewhere. Geez B)

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

It all depends what kind of error was commited. If it was an effective date error, such as a VRSR missing an informal claim ect... alot of times the DRO/Appeals Team will send your claim back to the rating board to get corrected, especially if you have other issues pending on your Notice of Disagreement (NOD). This shouldn't take that long, generally, between 30-90 days, depending on the back log, but in this situation your claim should go to the front of the stack due to the effective date. If the error has something to do with finance, it also shoudn't take too long because, normally, your C-file should go to "Administrative" where they'll correct the finacial error rather quickly. If the error was something to do with the actual rating decision, such as a denial of service-connection, or the percentage assigned, your appeal will be worked in the order it was filed. This can take anywhere from 4 weeks to a year, also depending what kind of backlog your regional office has at the Appeals Team!

Hope this helps!

Vike 17

Edited by Vike17

• Founder
Hello all, I have had a request for correction of VARO error pending since April. They admitted it was a mistake on their part and I would be paid w/ retro. I just can't understand why it still takes them so long to get this corrected and paid out. You would think they would address these "no brainers" and get them out of the office so they could focus there attention elsewhere. Geez B)

well common sense is not one of their strong points B) waiting sucks, on the bright side at least you know what you are waiting for is a good thing. try to focus on that and breath tried to stay as stress free as possible as this added stress is not good for you, all easier said then done i know but do try, we want you to be in great shape to spend that retro :blink: