VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can Anyone Help Explain This Please

Rate this question

joeserp

Question

Went on ebenefits today and there was something new I have never seen before.

Under the column OPEN CLAIMS , which shows my claim submitted on 07/14/2011 still in the Review of Evidence stage, there is a SECTION I have never seen before that is - Historical Claims.

Under this new section ( I initially submitted my first claim back in 1992 and a NOD in 1993 and a claim in 2004 with a NOD shortly thereafter). All through St. Petersburg.

Under this Historical Claims Heading it now reads:

Date = 07/30/2012. Claim Type = Authorization Review. Date Closed = 07/30/2012 and Updates = Appeal is Possible.

Any Thoughts on what this means????

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Under the column OPEN CLAIMS , which shows my claim submitted on 07/14/2011 still in the Review of Evidence stage, there is a SECTION I have never seen before that is - Historical Claims.

Under this new section ( I initially submitted my first claim back in 1992 and a NOD in 1993 and a claim in 2004 with a NOD shortly thereafter). All through St. Petersburg.

Date = 07/30/2012. Claim Type = Authorization Review. Date Closed = 07/30/2012 and Updates = Appeal is Possible.

Venturing a "guess" I'm thinking an earlier claim was found and was now awarded but w/a later ED, than the original claim date. Just my thoughts.

pr

Edited by Philip Rogers

I also was confused about this....because I saw the same thing on ebenefits. I was told (via IRIS request) that mine was due to them "recognizing" the VFW was my designated/authorized power of attorney (mind you that mine apeared almost one year after the claim and the designation form was submitted). Has the exact same thing as yours = Claim Type = Authorization Review Date opened and closed were the same date (mine was of course a different date then yours) and Appeal is Possible.

Odd how some things appear late and others are fast but then that's the VA way - I requested a copy of C&P's and that appeared also in Closed Claims less then 5 days after I submitted the request: Claim Type: FOIA/Privacy Act Request - both opened and closed dates were the same and Appeal is Possible.

Edited by USMC5811

Even more confused now.

Was told by my VSO that my file went to the " Rating Board " on 07/30/2012 and it will most likely be several more months.

I thought (that is what I get for thinking) that my claim being in the Review of Evidence stage for the past 9 months or so, was where they make a decision and the step after that was Prepare for Notification.

Joe

This is what they did to me too what I was told is that they have Made a decision eather they will send me a percentage or they will send me a SOC or a SSOC about 1 mo later I got my new percentage

Edited by mrmark1999

Looks to me like a decision of some type has been made.

In most decisions (especially partial grants) some type of appeal is usually possible,

many times it's evaluation percentage or effective date.

This is just my 20 bucks worth of a guess - lol.