VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Completion Date

Rate this question

LIL-ROB

Question

The completion date that i explain to the RO guy thats on ebenefits.He said is not true because it can take up to 7yrs or longer on appeal. Talk about backlog .....errr

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Completion date changed again!! Earliest completion date: was 08/01/12, then changed to 08/15/12, now changed again to 09/01/12 (they changed it today). And the latest completion date: was 10/19/13, then changed to 3/29/13, now changed to 04/23/12.

This isn't even to scale, they add 16 days to the earliest, and 25 days to the latest. Why change it at all, to make me feel better? And doesn't it seem ignorant to change the 'target' date to a date that has already passed?

If UPS or FedEx told customers that their packages would be delivery between September and April, or the cable company told customers that their new service would be installed anywhere from 8am on Monday in September to 5pm on Friday in December, or if Delta sold tickets to passengers and then announced on the plane that they hope to leave sometime this month.....they would all be out of business.

As consumers we have the power to not use businesses that have poor customer service, however as veterans, we have NO power at all. Maybe the VA employees, or their management should be told that they would receive their paychecks at some later date that may or may not happen. Because Veterans are at their mercy, and there is no other agency to take your business to, you get the short end of a very sharp stick. Thanks Government!!!

Well, it happened again.............this morning my ePeggy account was changed again from the most recent "original" estimated completion date of 07/15/2012 to this new one:

Original Estimated Claim Completion Date: 12/12/2011 to 08/07/2012 Your claim is being processed by the Regional Office. We generally process claims in the order received. We recognize that your claim has exceeded the projected completion date and remain committed to completing our review as quickly and accurately as possible. Thank you for your patience.

I was ok with it though, because I had already passed the last 07/15/2012 completion date when they "updated" it, and this new one is better than the "first" 01/28/2013 estimated completion date. Anybody want to trade dates? It looks like the wheel is spinning again.

Mark

Mine was originally September 2013, went to Apr 2012 and then Aug 30 2012. Then it went back to April 14 2012 and the paragraph said what yours did. First of all, who ever said at that point I was patient? And if I was, who told you that? Because I think my patience really ran out at month 12....mad.gif But seriousley, if you chase that date, you'll go nuts.

Edited by Inthewind

Mine was originally September 2013, went to Apr 2012 and then Aug 30 2012. Then it went back to April 14 2012 and the paragraph said what yours did. First of all, who ever said at that point I was patient? And if I was, who told you that? Because I think my patience really ran out at month 12....mad.gif But seriousley, if you chase that date, you'll go nuts.

I'm like you, my patience dried up after the first year, and it wasn't great the second year of waiting either. You're right....that dates are a joke. I just wonder what kind of computer program, or rationale they have in jumping us all around on the eBenefits claim screen. I mean, one minute you're moving along, then back a year, then forward six months, back another two months, forward a month and a half. I feel like I'm playing the Chutes and Ladders board game with my kids......or better still.....Candyland.

The dates really don't worry me, unless they go with some completion date of 2023 or something. But I'm guilty of watching eBenefits more and more lately to see what change is next. I just wish I knew if there was some method to the claim date madness, or if some zoomie was sitting at a desk, flipping a coin on what date to plug in.

Mark

Mine changed again also. They moved both dates back a month. The soonest was the 13th of this month. By golly, if they wait long enough I will be gone & they win, I guess.

I think that's the master plan tugger50! JK...not really..

Edited by Inthewind