Announcements

• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

• Ads

• Fund HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran LLC

fundraising.jpegHadIt.com Veteran to Veteran Fundraiser
    Revenues are down, costs are up and I need your help. Financial gifts are always appreciated but never required. If HadIt.com has helped you and you can give back a little it is appreciated Give here https://community.hadit.com/donate/make-donation/

Give a financial gift to help with the upkeep of HadIt.com. HadIt.com is NOT a non profit. Gifts are not tax deductible, they are just gifts. 

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Our picks

• How to get your questions answered...

All VA Claims questions should be posted on our forums. Read the forums without registering, to post you must register it’s free. Register for a free account.

Tips on posting on the forums.

Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery” instead of ‘I have a question’.

Knowledgable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title. I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.

Use paragraphs instead of one huge, rambling introduction or story. Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

Leading to:

Post clear questions and then give background info on them.

Examples:

A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?

I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine but claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?

I was involved in traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial from your claim?” etc.

Note:

Your firsts posts on the board may be delayed before they show up, as they are reviewed, this process does not take long and the review requirement will be removed usually by the 6th post, though we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.

This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before they hit the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims and this helps us do that.
      • 2 replies
    • Exams that were being sent strictly to contractors before, due to VAMCs not being open, are starting to be routed back to VAMCs. This is going forward from last Friday- not sure if prior scheduled exams will be re-created for VAMC vs vendor.
      • 7 replies
    • Mere speculation in your VA C and P exam

M21-1, Part III, Subpart iv, Chapter 3, Section D – Examination Reports III.iv.3.D.2.r. Examiner Statements that an Opinion Would be Speculative Pay careful attention to any conclusion by the examiner that an opinion could not be provided without resorting to mere speculation (or any similar language to that effect). VA may only accept a medical examiner’s … Continue reading
      • 0 replies
    • A favor please - just changed servers so if you have a moment...
      A favor please - just changed servers so if you have a moment go to https://www.hadit.com I'd like to see how the server handles a lot of traffic. So if you have a moment click the link and i can see how things are going on the back end.
      • 11 replies
    • It's time to ask for help from the community. If you can help with a gift it would be very appreciated.

Fund HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran LLC

Give a financial gift to help with the upkeep of HadIt.com. HadIt.com is NOT a non profit. Gifts are not tax deductible, they are just gifts. 
      • 11 replies
  • Advertisemnt

SOOOOOO.......I pretty much gave up on checking my ebenefits account for any movement on my claim status. Actually I called the 800 number for the VA trying to get some info on what was going on with my GI bill since they decided to move it from one office to another and didin't "know where it was" haha. Anyway, so I go through and to my surprise 2 things happened I never expected: They not only found my Education file but they put a rush on it and my back pay will be coming through next week, ANNNDD there was a note attached to my medical claim saying something along the lines of should be done this week! whoa.

I do have a question I see a lot of you who are getting downloadable letters before the offical letter comes in the mail in "the brown envelope" haha. Whats the difference? I've never seen either and i'm curious and also when does the electronic one show up? the day that they complete the claim?

Thanks in advance for any responses!

Edited by DOMINIPINO

My letters on ebenefits (under documents "download VA letters") were posted within a couple of days of claim complete. Saw letters late night on 28th. Money deposited on just before midnight for first of month. My white "brown envelope" came on the 1st as well....

My letters on ebenefits (under documents "download VA letters") were posted within a couple of days of claim complete. Saw letters late night on 28th. Money deposited on just before midnight for first of month. My white "brown envelope" came on the 1st as well....

Midnight congrats again to you, been reading about your success story, so cool!

thanks I'll stop checking that tab then until after its complete haha, still sitting on the pending decision approval stage and its friday so i'm assuing like all other things that not about should be done this week wasn't to be taking too seriously haha.

That Gi bill stuff I had called about just got deposited today though! , not as big a deal as this claim, but who doesn't like some money huh?!

I just hope I get rated on the things that really are bothering me so I can get some free care when I get back home :) ....and the money would be nice too =D

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By JaeT.21
      Welp, Just found out they closed my claim. Surprise surprise, nothing changed EXCEPT they reduced my GERD from 60% down to 10%! WHY and What the?! So apparently that random C&P without my knowledge played a significant part.

So my questions are the following:
      1. Should I reopen my claims or file an appeal?
      2. How do I go about getting ALL of my C&P claim notes, especially whatever was said from this C&P without my knowledge?
      3. Should I even attempt to ask for the much qualified for increase on other areas of my body, that have gotten worse, or fight this last round of let downs?

I try to explain to everyone when you retire or get out and become a veteran, your own company (the VA) treat you like used tissue. Nobody has any use for used tissue...tossed to the side.
    • By Kihr
      Yesterday my claim moved to Prep for decision, this was a week after my latest C&P, I was feeling optimistic that the estimated completion date of 9/4 was reasonable.  Today it moved back to review of evidence and my date oushed to 9/14.  This is a claim with 1 increase, 2 new, 2 secondary.  I filed my claim 9/24/18 it seems like a long time for a claim.

Anyway, my question is: have any of you had the claim move from "prep for Decision" only to regress to review of evidence?  If so, what was the timeline like?
    • By RBrogen
      Hi Everyone,
      In my most recent C&P the examiner noted and measured 2 scars on my neck and jaw. I've read the rating info for scars of the Head/Face/Neck and filled in the chart they had because the first rating option didn't apply.  Can someone confirm for me that according to the rating info below, it would qualify me for 30%.  There's pain noted in the C&P with each scar in addition to the characteristics noted below.
      "If there are 6 or more Characteristics, it is rated 80%. If there are 4 or 5 Characteristics, it is rated 50%. If there are 2 or 3 Characteristics, it is rated 30%. If there is 1 Characteristic, it is rated 10%."

In addition, during the same C&P the examiner documented and agreed (50% more than likely service related) that I had TMD secondary to broken jaw, painful motion of mandible,  reduced ROM, surgical wire in right mandible
      Thanks in advance!
      Randy
    • By Iceman's_Wife
      Question:   VA Form 21-526EZ page 8 section 13.     Should all the items from the VA Problem list (medical records) be included on the form, including secondary problems and other items such as diabetes or ONLY the service connected problems?   Post Vietnam, no AO
        My spouse's condition has deteriorated in the last 10 years and we need to be re-evaluated.   Last year, the VA Rep submitted a claim and the Comp&Pen Doctor asked us for an MRI.   From there it gets murky trying to get assistance for documentation.

• By Iceman's_Wife
      My question:  Should all items that impact his disability be listed on the VA Form 21-526EZ?   If something is secondary such as pain, that should be listed?   
      BACKGROUND:  I need assistance with VA Form 21-526EZ.    On page 8 section 13, it asks for the list of disabilities.    Does this mean ALL items from his problem list (VA medical records)?    For example I can easily extract 20 items from his VA medical problem list BUT the VA Veterans Advisor only posted 4 line items which do NOT give a complete picture. 
      1.  paralysis external nerve (mild)
      2. lumoscaral strain  (mild)
      3. paralysis median nerve  (mild)
      4. degenerative arthritis of spine  (mild)
      After 10+ years of progressive degeneration, a year ago, we submitted a form for re-evaluation of his service-connected medical conditions.   The MRI from the 2009 determination is missing from his records.  The comp&pen Dr indicated that it was our responsibility to provide documentation to him on what changed.   We assumed that the comp&pen doctor would conduct an exam/order MRI or could extract the information from his records.   He also indicated that pain (consistently documented as 9/10) is not a consideration for disability, that it is immaterial to VA.   
      Only one (from the 4 listed) line items was increased 10%.   The current MRI indicates his spine has moderate to severe degeneration.  
      The VA Veterans Advisor indicated that we should NOT resubmit again unless we can get a doctors statement specifically indicating which line item has progressed from mild.  I have asked the Spinal Cord Injury Primary Care doctor for assistance, provided her with research documentation and she said she would but that was 2 months ago and nothing was put in his records.  
      In advance, thank you

• Ads

• Our picks

• How to get your questions answered...

All VA Claims questions should be posted on our forums. Read the forums without registering, to post you must register it’s free. Register for a free account.

Tips on posting on the forums.

Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery” instead of ‘I have a question’.

Knowledgable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title. I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.

Use paragraphs instead of one huge, rambling introduction or story. Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

Leading to:

Post clear questions and then give background info on them.

Examples:

A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?

I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine but claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?

I was involved in traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial from your claim?” etc.

Note:

Your firsts posts on the board may be delayed before they show up, as they are reviewed, this process does not take long and the review requirement will be removed usually by the 6th post, though we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.

This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before they hit the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims and this helps us do that.
      • 2 replies
    • Exams that were being sent strictly to contractors before, due to VAMCs not being open, are starting to be routed back to VAMCs. This is going forward from last Friday- not sure if prior scheduled exams will be re-created for VAMC vs vendor.
      • 7 replies
    • Mere speculation in your VA C and P exam

M21-1, Part III, Subpart iv, Chapter 3, Section D – Examination Reports III.iv.3.D.2.r. Examiner Statements that an Opinion Would be Speculative Pay careful attention to any conclusion by the examiner that an opinion could not be provided without resorting to mere speculation (or any similar language to that effect). VA may only accept a medical examiner’s … Continue reading
      • 0 replies
    • A favor please - just changed servers so if you have a moment...
      A favor please - just changed servers so if you have a moment go to https://www.hadit.com I'd like to see how the server handles a lot of traffic. So if you have a moment click the link and i can see how things are going on the back end.
      • 11 replies
    • It's time to ask for help from the community. If you can help with a gift it would be very appreciated.

Fund HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran LLC

Give a financial gift to help with the upkeep of HadIt.com. HadIt.com is NOT a non profit. Gifts are not tax deductible, they are just gifts. 
      • 11 replies
  • Ads

• Popular Contributors

• Ad

• Latest News

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines