VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Looking For Opinions On My Ime Report

Rate this question

TANKERJOE0

Question

i am not good at this and dont know how to edit my personal info?

if an admin can help me delete my personal info that would be great.

and hoping to get some opinions on my ime report

thank you

joe

joe,

I edited out your IME due to the personally identifying info.

Make yourself a copy - white out (redact) your personally

identifying info

then rescan and re-upload it - into your post.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

First, I have read the report. It was clear, concise and detailed. Second, I believe this doctor has in fact given a correct diagnosis and relating it to combat. I am no doctor nor do I practice any type of medicine but I will say that while I was reading through the lines of this report that you have been incorrectly diagnosed by the C&P examiner. Anxiety usually has a extra addon that comes with it and its called panic attacks. Panic attacks is a way your body is telling you there is something wrong so it goes into panic mode. From there your mind creates thoughts of fear issue. Usually once a person has an understanding of why his/her body has panicked then Anxiety kicks in. As somebody who has and has had first hand experience in these two things, I didn't see these "signs" in this report. My first conclusion as I was reading what you experienced and what you are experiencing is PTSD. Why didn't the C&P Examiner give this diagnosis is beyond me and I am NOT a doctor but I know a few people who have it. Anxiety and PTSD are very different, trust me on this. They are only related because they are both considered "mental" but Anxiety can either by psychological or physiological meaning the body is creating it and there is something wrong. PTSD on the other hand is more of an emotional abnormality. By reading this report you have all the signs of PTDS related to combat. I thought the doctor did an excellent job in evaluating your issue and gave a really good opinion. I thought it was excellent...

PTSD is an anxiety disorder. Look it up.

Hueyman and your point is?

Is this report. Sufficient and good evidence in my dro appeal . Does it meet VA requirements?

I was initially awarded 30% for this.

I filled a nod and. Had a dro hearing.

then I got this ime and submitted it to VA ro as evidence.

Thanks to anyone who can offer there opinion.

joe

I won't talk about the diagnosis specifically because I'm not a Pyschologist or Physchiatrist, so I feel I am not qualified. For VA rating purposes - all mental illnesses fall under the same rating table.

After comparing your IME to the VA's Initial Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Disability Benefits Questionnaire that they use in C&P's, I would say that the MD that prepared your report covered all but one (I might have missed it but I did not see Competency: Is the veteran capable of managing his or her financial affairs addressed in the IME) of the categories (Evidence Review, Current Diagnoses, Stressors, History etc) that are on the VA Form.

Hopefully with this latest report they will rate you favorably. Best wishes. Semper Fi.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use