VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help Needed With Major Depression Calim

Rate this question

Okievet

Question

Hello, All

I am new to the forum. I am hoping for a little advice from some of you with knowledge on the subject. I seperated from the USAF in 2003 due to depression. I became a police officer on the outside since that's all I had done. In 2005 I was awarded 30% SC for depression. In February of 2011 i was hospitlized for suicidal ideations and lost my ablility to be a police officer and was reassigned. Now I am 50% for Major depression and 70% combined. Things have gotten much worse and I fear I am going to lose my job due to days missed. It is also causing my marriage to fail. I am serverely depressed and in a constant state of panic/anxiety. I would appreciate any guidance i can get on what my next steps should be. I currently do not have any active claims.

Thank you

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Thank you all so much for the advice. I have an appointment with my provider set up. I am going to submit my FMLA paperwork and we are going to decide the best course of action to take. I am going to apply for FERS retirement since i work for a federal agency. I know that could take a while so it will just be a waiting game. I have one question for those with knowledge of the subject. Does a person have to be unemployed to apply for IU? That was another option I was informed of. I just want to know all of the options I have available.

Thank you all

I don't have personal experience with IU/TDIU but here is a link "General Information on IU Claims" M21-1RM, Part 4, Subpart ii, Chapter 2, Section F from the VA that may help answer your question until someone more knowledgeable comes along : http://www.benefits....2/ch02_secf.doc

Edited by USMC5811