VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

3rd Denial Letter

Rate this question

rogus

Question

Aftyer six monthes of waiting for an ADMIN Review of my case it seems clear that VARO employees can't read.

They seem to have no understanding of the rule on a "presumptive period". They admit that in a previous denial letter that they have records of me being "hospitalized" for my claimed condition within a year of discharge from active duty. Yet they claim I have to have been diagnosed with this condition while on active duty.

Is it just me or does that argument for denial totally ignore the reason for having a "presumptive period".

And of course they are still claiming that I didn't list a specific stressor although I did list that an illness that almost killed me - left me unconscious for 3 days , in constant pain for over 14 years and my insides totally screwed up - that is listed in my service emdical records.

My VSO (that I trust) said this is just a case of some idiot trying to save the VA money instead of doing their job - after reading posts on this forum I believe it.

Isn't there some way to sue these idiots that are purposely ignoring the evidence and rules? Interfering with a federal investigation or something?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

You really do need to try and hang in there. There were many times that I was ready to give up on my husbands claims because I felt the stress was more than I could handle. I would take a couple of days away from the claims process and tried to just totally forget about it during that time. Then, I would belly back up to the bar and say I will not give up. I have come this far and I won't give up now. Well, my husband ended up rated at 100% TDIU P&T in the end.

So, while the system can be frustrating, just think of how far you have come with your claim. Don't give in now when there could be something good sitting right at the end of the rainbow for you.

Just take a few days and just get all of the VA stuff out of your head and then get back into it again. Everyone needs a break once in a while in order to stay half way sane.

mssoup1