VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Prison Match Review

Rate this question

westcoastlv

Question

Ok, checked ebennies today for husband's status.

History: original claim for PTSD, Tinnitus, Hearling Loss, Elbow and TDIU filed 07/2010, decided 08/2011 with 60%. Request for Reconsideration filed 08/2011 and increase granted 05/2012 with TDIU deferred.

My Question is: WTF is a Prison Match Review???? This was not listed as on open claim the last time I checked, however, it now lists like a closed claim and states that is was opened on 07/09/12 and closed on 08/16/12. It lists all of the claim documents EXCEPT the TDIU application. Tried to google and only came up with some mumbo-jumbo about SSA and VA Prison Match worksheet.

The TDIU has been contemplated for almost a year now, but was deferred on 05/04/12 and Peggy told me the 'development' stage began again on that date. Either way, this stage has almost met its estimated completion date.

I am freaking out. My husband is NOT nor has he ever been in prison. Is this some new trick to delay/deny benefits? Has anyone else experienced this and what was the outcome.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Like I said , don't worry about it. I can relate to what is going through your thoughts right now, and someone being incarcirated when they are not should not be on top of the list. The VA will make you wait for awhile, like many of us on this board. Some stretch for months and years. And you are awaiting TDIU but the latest combined rating is 60%? I'd always thought the min was a 70% to qualify. Good luck

• HadIt.com Elder

Well, talked to Peggy to get an explanation of what a Prison Match Review was, and I was informed that they had received a Social Security match and had to investigate if the match was valid. (By Social Security I mean SSA, not social security number) Peggy did not inform me of their findings, and although Ebenefits states that a letter has been mailed, Peggy could find no record of it. Either way, my veteran is not incarcerated, nor has he ever been, and the only thing I can rely on is that I have years of records, VA appointments and other proof that my veteran has presented himself IN PERSON to the VA on multiple occasions, leaving no room for incarceration.

We will see how this plays out. 2-years in so the light has to be near the end of the tunnel. Thanks for all the comments and helping calm my bad nerves.

Besides the VA problems, the SSA/SSN related problem may turn out to be that someone else has been using the same SSA account and or SSN. Or, there is another person that has a name match in the SSA system.

This can be a real can of worms, screwup such things as credit ratings, result in the police knocking not so gently on your door, and so forth!

Edited by Chuck75