VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vietnam Buddy Gets 30% For Ptsd

Rate this topic

john999

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

You know I have gained more from posting on Hadit than I have given over the years. When I first posted I did not know what TDIU meant. A few years later I had it. I learned about complications of DMII and SMC's here on Hadit. No VSO ever told me squat. I also learned never to give up on a claim, and not to dismiss a claimant just because their case sounded incredible.

John

That is great news that your friend has been rated!! It is great that you pointed him in the right direction!! It is so true that some do not know about claims, some of us not even having known about the VA, or that we had access to it when we found out they existed. Gosh, I know I did not know when I left service. Later, when I did know, I was not aware that I was able to access VA medical services. Lucky for me, when I lost my health insurance and accompanying someone to the VA, I saw a posting on the bulletin board...the rest is history for me. After going there for several years, I still did not know that I could file a claim, until one very helpful staff recommended that I do that. It seems unbelievable to me now that I never knew. Your assistance is commendable!!

You know I have gained more from posting on Hadit than I have given over the years. When I first posted I did not know what TDIU meant. A few years later I had it. I learned about complications of DMII and SMC's here on Hadit. No VSO ever told me squat. I also learned never to give up on a claim, and not to dismiss a claimant just because their case sounded incredible.

John

I have to agree. I know I can't reverse time, and my claims have already been filed, but I really wish two things........One - That the DOD and VA truly briefed separating military members about existing conditions, and the importance of filing claims immediately.....and Two....that I had logged onto Hadit.com BEFORE I put together my claim and submitted it to the VA. I have learned a great deal from surfing the topics and interacting with a question or two here and there. I know I have a great deal to learn, and because I put together my own claims (no VSO when I did it initially), I imagine I'll also be studying the NOD and Appeal topics a great deal in the future when I finally receive word from the VA on my rating(s)....or the lack thereof.

smile.png

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use