VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hearing And Tinnitus

Rate this question

Hollis

Question

This post is for my oldest brother.By the way he is 70 yo. anyway the VA has given him hearing aids, a wheel chair, a new ramp and a power chair. But he is not SC. The VA sent him to a GOVT. HEARING CONTRACTOR for a hearing test. The test was the 8 of Aug.he was told he had a hearing bad loss. So he got a letter Wed and he was denied, again. He went to get a copy of her report, she told him that she wasn't allow to give out that infromation. QUESTION here is she right? My brother never served in combat he was a helicopter machanic. so any help or advice here would be greatly .

thanks

his little brother

Hollis

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I have VA doctors who admit that my husband's hearing loss is because of a service connection, and they still denied him.

I have records that state that his hearing was near perfect when he enlisted in 67, and within a couple of years, he started having problems with his ears. 58 times he visited doctors, who said he had profound hearing loss, yet they keep denying him.

They give him tinnitus, they don't give him hearing loss.

They hope that people are asleep, and don't realize that tinnitus and hearing loss are two totally different things. I've been researching this for the last year for my husband, and the more research I do, the angrier I get.