VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebenefits Changes - "what Did We Not Receive?"

Rate this question

MarkInTexas

Question

This morning I noticed that the upgrades the VA performed on ePeggy this weekend added a "What Did We Not Receive?" section on my compensation claim status screen. I'm glad that they added this, but wish they were clear as to exactly what requested information was not received. For instance, one line says, "Medical evidence from private provider", but I have no idea what piece of paper, examination, lab result, doctor, date or anything that they are talking about.

Anybody else notice this new screen? Or has it been there all along, and I just never received it before? Have a great morning everyone.

Mark

• Answers 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yes, I noticed this too. In the new 'What did we not receive' section it now shows 'request for increase medical evidence' was requested 11/10/11 and was not received so therefore closed on 2/2/12. That's interesting because the actual evidence that was requested on 11/10/11 shows in the 'what we have received' line item....'send any treatment records blah, blah' is showing as having been received on 01/10/12. I know for a fact that there has never been anything requested of my husband that was not sent in. The VA will never make me the fallguy for not having information. So, I felt compelled to call Peggy and get to the bottom of this (on hold for 1.5hrs). The low-tech phone answerer only read to me what was on his script. When I challenged him on why this line shows that I was negligent in sending information he had no answer and just stated that the VA didn't show needed any additional info from me. When trying to apply logic to this statement, the requested increase docs that they never received resulted in an increase in May. Peggyboy had no answer for that either, just more script. I wonder to the Peggypeople feel as if they've done a great job for veterans at the end of each day. Do they stand at the timeclock thinking about how many veterans they've helped today and that they've earned each dollar of pay today? If the answer is yes, that's pretty scary because they are delusional.

I agree.... Lol

Having just gone through a year and a half of this kind of continued hell, I certainly understand.... but I'd say that if all of you are confused or worried, or can't make sense of what is going on, then it's highly likely there is nothing to worry about. They just screwed up again with the system!!!! Which makes it sorta normal... sad as that is!

Don't they ever test anything, or think about the effect it will have on lives before they start trying things that may not work??? Hang tight and they will probably get it worked out shortly.

I also noticed on the initial Claim screen (where you click on the date of your claim to access the detailed view) that it now says "Evidence Requested Is Past Due" and underneath that it says "Development Letter Sent". It's been over 2 years and 2 months, and I have sent them anything and everything I could find. I wonder if this is more of the same "upgrade" or if I'll be getting ANOTHER letter in the mail. Anybody have this one on their opening claim screen?

Mark

I also noticed on the initial Claim screen (where you click on the date of your claim to access the detailed view) that it now says "Evidence Requested Is Past Due" and underneath that it says "Development Letter Sent". It's been over 2 years and 2 months, and I have sent them anything and everything I could find. I wonder if this is more of the same "upgrade" or if I'll be getting ANOTHER letter in the mail. Anybody have this one on their opening claim screen?

Mark

yes. mine also has a date of 4-18-2011