VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Backwards From Preparation For Notification?

Rate this question

yoopergirl

Question

My claim moved from Preparation for Notification back to Pending Decision Approval, I know that there are points that a claim can move backwards but I thought this was a little strange. Should I take this as a good sign of approval or what?

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I can't speak from personal experience but I have read where several vets saw their claim move backwards then forward again(in the rating phase).....and then in no time it was completed. I can only imagine how frustrating it is, but at least you see movement so you know they are working on your claim. I'm hoping that you'll hear good news soon.

I had heard that things will move back to gathering of evidence at various times and ebenefits even states that but to move backwards when it is all the way at prep for notification i thought was really weird. I am hoping that they make a decision soon and it is in my favor. My optimistic side is telling me that whomever was doing the step with the notification noticed that the payment was calculated wrong or something, does that sound valid? I am thinking if it was straight out denied then it wouldn't have moved back at this point.

Edited by yoopergirl

What I was referring to was several vets saw their status move from notification to prep and even sometimes further back and then the next thing ya know they were posting that the AB8 was showing that their amount (they don't post percentages on the form anymore) had changed or they checked benefit explorer in ebenefits and noted the % changed.....then they noted completion. I'm sure there must be some form of checks and balances on every claim completed....hopefully this is what you are seeing. Better they get it right the first time. As frustrating as it is...no one can tell what they have decided or what the heck they are doing until either the AB8 shows a change or you get the letter. Don't let this stress you out....

Edited by USMC5811

What I was referring to was several vets saw their status move from notification to prep and even sometimes further back and then the next thing ya know they were posting that the AB8 was showing that their amount (they don't post percentages on the form anymore) had changed or they checked benefit explorer in ebenefits and noted the % changed.....then they noted completion. I'm sure there must be some form of checks and balances on every claim completed....hopefully this is what you are seeing. Better they get it right the first time. As frustrating as it is...no one can tell what they have decided or what the heck they are doing until either the AB8 shows a change or you get the letter. Don't let this stress you out....

i don't know where the benefit explorer is. i checked my ebenefits account and can't seem to find it!

i don't know where the benefit explorer is. i checked my ebenefits account and can't seem to find it!

Go to Download VA Letters, there should be several choices there, one being the award dollar figure that you are receiving. It used to say your percentage but now says the dollar figure.

Edited by yoopergirl

iceturkee....Once on ebenefits click on My Personal Dashboard.....it will take you to a page titled "Ebenefits features available to me" - under the subtitle General....you should see Benefits Explorer....if you click on that it will actually show you your current rating % under Your Profile (located on the right hand side of the screen)