VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Should I Assume Iu Was Denied?

Rate this question

yoopergirl

Question

Both of my claims moved to complete today. The one to add my daughter and the one for IU, I was already rated at 70%. My award amount increased only by the dependent amount and there is no new payment on ebenefits. Should I assume that the IU was denied or do some claims take longer to show up in the monetary award? I am freaking out to tell you the truth!

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Well, no. Keep Checking ebenefits and especially the "AB8" letter. It should show the rate you are currently being paid at, if the VA has made a favorable decision. You are just gonna have to wait until you get the decision, read it over thoroughly and then decide on a course of action.

While ebenefits is not always reliable, it sometimes gives "first notice"

Even though your claim may say "closed" doesn't always mean that they are completely through with your claim. And it doesn't necessarily mean that you will have an AB8 letter. The IU may be deferred pending exam. Now, I haven't followed your claim, but did you have an IU exam? Case in point; my claim closed but I had 4 deferred items...Back, Cervical spine, Headaches and IU. I was awarded with payment on June 1, 2012. I then had C/P exams on July 20, 2012 for back, cervical spine and headaches, And on July 30 I had an IU exam. After this portion of my claim is complete I should see my AB8 letters. On ebenefits it is showing "Gathering of Evidence." I hope this info gives you some hope and relieves some stress. Good Luck!