VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Validation Vs. Compensation

Rate this question

Tbird

Question

• Founder

Validation you get from your therapists, your brothers and sisters here, your friends and your family. Compensation you get from the V.A. don’t confuse the two, you can waste a lot of energy trying to get the V.A. to validate your feelings that you’ve been screwed, it’s been my experience that is not going to happen. Work on your claim for compensation in a methodical, detailed way, go to therapy, talk to your family, yell at the top of your lungs with your car windows closed. Then come back to your claim for compensation and it work it methodically, sharpening, sharpening, always sharpening your claim. The V.A. will hardly ever make you feel validated, I know sometimes we want to jam it down their throats until they get a taste of it themselves, metaphorically speaking, that is. It’s a waste of energy I say. When working the claim focus on the mission at hand. The mission is to receive compensation for the disability that you incurred or was aggravated by your service.

As for validation, you get it where you can, it never feels quite like anybody gets it to me, of course I’m still in therapy…so what do I know.

If you really want to aggravate the V.A. help another veteran get their ducks in a row.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• In Memoriam

Dear T-bird,

You are right. Sometimes I get frustrated knowing what I know. Validation Vs. Admission is a perplexing question for the PTSD sufferer or mentally ill Veteran. Self-Validation was not at issue. To get the veteran to accept, that over whelming facts in their favor will not be accepted, is not a reason to accept the opposition's point of View. Some veterans have none of the above. Hadit, already lets the Veteran know that he/she is not alone, if the Veteran has access to a computer (Veteran to Veteran).

A desire to change the law was an issue, rather than dealing with current law. I will stick with engineering and current law.

Liability and responsibility issues must come first for Hadit to survive. Thank you, for your tolerance and understanding.

Member what it was like after being on ship for 10 months, at a time, and then stepping on land. It took three months for me to walk in a straight line. hehe (Sea-Legs)

• Founder

This was not meant to sound harsh, just a hard lesson I had to learn and it took me a long time. It's just the way it is.

Dear T-bird,

You are right. Sometimes I get frustrated knowing what I know. Validation Vs. Admission is a perplexing question for the PTSD sufferer or mentally ill Veteran. Self-Validation was not at issue. To get the veteran to accept, that over whelming facts in their favor will not be accepted, is not a reason to accept the opposition's point of View. Some veterans have none of the above. Hadit, already lets the Veteran know that he/she is not alone, if the Veteran has access to a computer (Veteran to Veteran).

A desire to change the law was an issue, rather than dealing with current law. I will stick with engineering and current law.

Liability and responsibility issues must come first for Hadit to survive. Thank you, for your tolerance and understanding.

Member what it was like after being on ship for 10 months, at a time, and then stepping on land. It took three months for me to walk in a straight line. hehe (Sea-Legs)