VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Office Of Case Management Phone Number

Rate this question

Inthewind

Question

Is this not well known for a reason? You would think this would be posted out there as a sticky.

From the posts I've read where people have used it, they seem to have gotten good results.

I'm not sure if it's RO location specific, but if it is, maybe they can give anyone who calls the correct number for their RO.

Seems like it would be worth a shot for those that have no where else to turn.

VA Office of Case Management

202-273-7453

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

First time I saw that number was when someone posted it the other day in a thread. I searched around the internet in reference to the VA Office of Case Management and its phone number. From what I read they have 2 phone operators. Their job is specifically to handle claims that are old and/or hardship cases as defined by the VA. If a case is not old according to what I read...they will tell you the same thing the 1-800# tells you.

People have gotten a hold of numbers to RO's/Raters etc and posted them on various forums from what I have read....the next thing you know people are barraging those numbers with calls and the number gets changed....hopefully people will only use the Case Management number as a last resort when all other means have failed or cannot reasonably be employed ex. their case is old (2 years should definitely qualify as old for an initial claim/upgrade) and there has been no movement or they have a hardship case as defined by VA.

I don't meet the qualifications yet as having an "old case" - mine will be only 15 months old this month. I hope the number is used correctly so that those with older cases or hardship cases that have seen no movement will be able to utilize it BEFORE they might end up changing the number.

Edited by USMC5811

I agree, it should be used sparingly. The reason things like this go from a good idea to a bad one is because of the way they market or a total LACK of marketing. If they did market it to that certain population of those Vets that meet the category of gathering dust (>20-24 months) then they would have a system that works and wouldn't get barraged.

Hell, if you ask me, the Army WTU Case management program should be integrated into the process, to at least get the Soldiers who they KNOW are going to need the VA claims process, headed in the right direction. There's a lot of them under worked at some installations that don't have such a high WT census and they could be using their downtime a little wiser if you ask me.