VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Does Anyone Have Any Idea What Development Letter Sent Means?

Rate this question

Inthewind

Question

My claim was closed yesterday and in eBenefits in updates it says:

Appeal is Possible

Decision Notification Sent

Development Letter Sent <------ Does anyone know what this letter is included for? What it may say, or it's purpose?

I've done some searching on HADIT but every mention is just text copy pasted into a paragraph not Germaine to asking what the letter means/says.

So, if anyone has one, or has recently seen one I'd be greatful if you could post a small brief explanation.

I went from 50% to 100% P&T.

Thanks!

Actually, what it may mean is that when they were rating your claim they noticed a development letter had not been sent (did you receive one?). They send it out so that they can say a development letter had been sent as part of processing your claim. My guess is it is a checklist item that they discovered they had not done, and they didn't hold your claim up waiting for a response since your decision was clearly favorable.

Just my guess as to what is going on.

Best regards,

Yes this is my thing my claim was at the rater pending decision approval and I did not receive a development letter as of yet is this is what you are saying?

Congrats! Inthewind!!!!!!

And Carlie made a GOOD point. Appeals can be made on award letters as to EED, ratings etc etc....as well as on denials.

You must be new here, rick. Each disability is different and rated accordingly. For example, I am 70% for one diagnosis and 30% for another. It depends on specific criteria. I will ignore your navy comment. You can work and be 100%. I would have to say that every veteran is a patriot. You don't know their personal struggles. If you want to bash threads and posts, go to CNN's website.

• HadIt.com Elder

So this guy is 100 PERCENT disabled and able to work? How does that even make sense? In the Navy? A majority of you guys are scamming your government and are not Patriots. Not all, but a lot. Just trying to scam for a few dollars more. Truly Pathetic. An Navy guy with PTSD? How does that even happen? Have you seen close combat? Very Un American. I am retired Army and see the pathetic weasels trying to squeeze every last dollar out of their government. No different than a foodstamp scammer. Truly sad.

Long ago, I was in the Navy. As to "combat", there are different ideas. I do hold three combat related awards, One is the CAR.

Others are whole unit awards for performance under "combat conditions".

Interestingly enough, no awards were issued for perhaps what was one of the most dangerous situations we were in.

(Unloading and handling hundreds of tons of ammunition while under hostile fire.)

Legally, I could work. But who wants to hire a disabled veteran my age, and due to multiple service connected disabilities,

I'm not able to do "make work" jobs, and have to hire out most of the home related maintenance tasks that I used to do.

While I'm at it, the current 100% VA disability payment is ~$3,000 a month or $36,000. By law this is supposed to"compensate" for lost earnings (and nothing else)

The current average income in the US is ~$55,000. Only perverse government logic can say that the two are equal.

It's more a case of the VA "scamming" veterans than the other way around.

Edited by Chuck75