VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Be Warned.... Claims Processing Are Taking Longer Than Ever

Rate this question

iraqx2

Question

I'd recently went to my local VARO to see my VFW service rep to ask about my status ( I know what my results are but just waiting for them to type it up ). My VSO said that the regional office is " really really " backed up in processing claims. They have never mentioned anything like that before in the years that I have been dealing with them.

So now it does make sense. With the floodgates of Vietnam vets filing new claims for agent orange and all those Iraq war vets filing new claims and ALL at the same time, you can feel the VA system bulging worse than ever. Dealing with them for so long, you become accustomed to the usual wait, but this time its different.

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Not sure about what your VSO is talking about, or just blowing smoke. A good way to put some air into what he is saying check the "Monday Morning Reports" from the VA. You can even check each RO by name and state.Also I am pretty sure you can go back a couple of years and compare.

The RO's are way slower than back in the days before Agent Orange but until we get a friend in congress and they light a fire under them or give them more funds. Or make changes we are stuck with it.

Good Luck to all who are waiting! Been there and done that. My last appeal took over 4 years!

Stillhere

I never knew this type of reporting existed. Very interesting. Speaking of my VSO, its not like that. They don't do anything for me, I do ALL my paperwork myself. I just need their " stamp " of representation.

In the army we use to call their type of job " shaming".

• HadIt.com Elder

Get your claims in now because in two years we will be out of Afghanistan and it will disappear from the news. That can only be bad for vets since resources may be shifted to other hot spots. The public and even politicians from both sides are sympathetic to vets during war time. Then they forget!

It is taking way too long to develope claims and get first decisions. Add a few more years for appeals and you start to look at five years to get a half way decent decision for many. My CUE claim is headed for year number seven, and I don't know how long to go before I reach the end.

John

@ John999,

I may be nuts for saying this, but I suspect the next VA iniative coming two years after the Aftgan war would be....... CUTTING COST. Once the war topic fades away, VA will look for ways to trim. However, they will hire more processors to solve the current flux ( while never get rid of them later on ).

Its my cynicle side thinking of this, but expect the 3 year C&P Reevaluations to be prompt, brutal, and more against the Veteran in the future.

Its just how government works, we are the customers. With no wars going on, VA must justify the heavy budget they don't like to lay off people.

• HadIt.com Elder

Iraqx2

Yes, I think the VA may start to cut costs by raising co-pays for drugs and socking it to NSC vets first. They will move up the food chart to SC vets and just make small cuts to this or that program.

After the end of the Vietnam war and the end of the draft the G.I. Bill was gutted. Also, the kinds of C&P exams I got in the 80's were just a joke. If you did not have an IMO you were lucky to keep the rating you had and many vets were cut in the middle 80's. The C&P doctors only asked me two questions: Do you hear voices? Are you working?