VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

15 Months And Still "gathering Evidence"

Rate this question

rebelranger

Question

This is outrageous, who can I talk to to speed things up? I mean I understand their case load but really 15 months and still in the "gathering evidence" stage. I've went to all my meetings, been repeatedly told I have problems, now I just need help. Why does the VA do this? I wish the presidential elections would focus on this for just one second! AHHH so mad

• Answers 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

This is outrageous, who can I talk to to speed things up? I mean I understand their case load but really 15 months and still in the "gathering evidence" stage. I've went to all my meetings, been repeatedly told I have problems, now I just need help. Why does the VA do this? I wish the presidential elections would focus on this for just one second! AHHH so mad

It took me start to finish about 12 months to get 100% compensated and 18 months to get 100% P&T. Every two weeks I would call the 1-800 number and waited and waited, but findly get someone to come on the line and I would not let them go until they got me someone to give me answer of my status. If was not happy with the information I would ask very nice" please I need help and is there anybody else that can help"!

I hate the 1-800 number, but it was the only choice to talk to a person at VA. My VSO was a joke, they were hit and miss.

• HadIt.com Elder

My CUE claim is almost 7 years old and the VA did not have to gather any evidence. All the evidence was right there in front of them. There was no need for a C&P exam. The only need was for someone to make a decision based on the evidence. In my case it is just about the money the VA does not want to pay. Any time the VA can delay paying a claim they are winning.

So we are at 16 months now, still nothing.

Tomorrow I'm sending a letter to Secretary Eric K. Shinseki! This is total BS. I don't know if I've had a C&P but my VA Mental Health Doctor, VA Social worker, VA speech pathologist, and VA general Dr have all diagnosis me with PTSD, TBI, and shoulder issues. The VFW filed everything for me. I have meet with each of these doctors and was given examines but I never got anything saying it was a C&P.

How does everyone talk to someone on the 800 number? All I ever get is scheduled call back time that NEVER CALLS ME BACK.

IRIS is a joke, I only get "your claim will be reviewed in the order it was received"

Ebenefits says evidence required but everything shows as being received. What gives here.

Really the VA stated it only takes on average 2.6 hours to process a claim Supreme Court Case 12-296 "Veterans for Common Sense and Veterans United for Truth, Inc. v. Eric K. Shinseki (U.S. 2012).

The facts as stated and presented before the Supreme Court from the above listed case are scary and offensive. Basically every day Veterans are killing themselves, when money is not at issue. The VA has even stated money is not an issue! Why do they do this? I'm seriously about to lose my mind on someone.

Another couple months and now I get this added to my ebenefits...

What Did We Not Receive?

This is a list of items that have never been received from you and that have been closed.

Items

Date Requested

Date Closed

PTSD - Need stressor details/med evid combat-related incdnt

07/26/2011

01/16/2012

Proof of service (DD214, etc.)

07/26/2011

01/16/2012

Request Service Treatment Records from Veteran

07/26/2011

01/16/2012

Continuity - med evid since service needed (headaches)

07/26/2011

01/16/2012

Continuity - med evid since service needed (arm numbness to include pain)

07/26/2011

01/16/2012

Continuity - med evid since service needed (post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD))

07/26/2011

01/16/2012

10 day memo letter to veteran

01/17/2012

02/16/2012

Notice - VA is requesting STRs from the RMC

07/26/2011

01/16/2012

VCAA Notice Response

07/26/2011

01/16/2012

PTSD- fear w/hostile mil/terrorist (original)

07/26/2011

01/16/2012

PTSD - Need stressor details/med evid of stressful incdnt

07/26/2011

01/16/2012

Where did all this come from? The local VA hospital has all this! My VFW rep has the 10 day memo and I sent in the VCAA Notice! What is going on? What do I do? A VA MH DR diagnosed me with PTSD, even said it to my face. A VA social worker, psych, and speech pathologist DX me with TBI, and a VA Dr DX my arm issue! why is the VARO saying all this is missing?