VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Agent Orange

Rate this question

Hollis

Question

this is a sad day, I lost a cousin today, Tommy was a Viet Nam vet. Tommy was 63. We grew up very close but driffed apart after the war. He was also a Columbus Fire Fighter til his health began to fail.I ask that we all say a prayer for his family. Thanks for allowing me to post this .

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Here's a can opener for all the states and outside Vietnam. Not sure if you've posted this one on site. My lawyer sent it to me. I just did a post on it today. It will help a lot of you who may have been hosed at Ft. Drum and down at Eglin.

http://asknod.wordpress.com/2013/01/28/ao-information-on-stateside-storage-locations/

All of you are right about AO. of 2.3 million that are documented to have touched red clay, there are now 867,000 of us left. I'd love to see the statistics of all Vets in SEA including Thailand, Philippines, Guam etc of presumptives. I'm guessing their numbers are equally appalling. When will all the autoimmune disorders be accorded any traction? They're becoming more prevalent with age than some of the basics like DM2 or "sub-acute" peripheral neuropathy and chloracne..

well I got a ratingf on PTSD today, here is the kicker, they acknowledge I have been exposed to AO and it is a presumption of my IHD. and I should file a claim. WOW they are telling to file! Ok I will tomorrow, we will see where this goes. I had one stent placment, on meds for that, I also on daily nitrate for angina, also hypertension, meds for that. Any opinions on what they will do?

OK I was awarded 50% for PTSD, the VBA actknowledge that I was a veteran in VN booths on the ground. And said I might want to file a claim for AO. Well I went to the VSO this morning and we went over all that was in the brown envelope package. I was not denied for hypertension but just not given a rating for it. So under the new claim, I included it as being under control by meds that my VA Dr had prescribed. And that is the reason it was low when I went to the C&P. David, my VSO suggested I put in for unemployabliity, which we did, so now te long wait begins. SO IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD KNOW AND ASK FOR?

THANKS FOR HAD IT AND ALL MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS ON HERE, WHERE WOULD WE BE WITHOUT U

• HadIt.com Elder

How is your blood sugar? If a RVN vets does not have IHD, or hardening of the arteries he has DMII. All these things seem to go together for us. Check prostate for sure and do stay on top of any pre-diabetes as the VA likes to call it. If you fasting glucose is over 110 you are probably pre-diabetic. Mine was about 119 8 years ago when AO exam doctor told me I was pre-diabetic and that it could be from AO. Now I am SC for DMII. I filed as soon as glucose got over 125. I got 10% but was a wake-up and explain my foot problems a little.

John

Well John I went to the VA hospital and did a ultrasound on the kidneys and spoke with the Kidney Doctor, she said I was OK, as for as my kidneys. But was concern that my stream was weak, and I need to see my regular Dr. for a reference to a Urologist to check my prostate. All this will be done next week, this week is busy with replacing the house AC and heat unit, fixing the comode that is /was leaking and find out why the kitchen light isn't working. But thanks for the heads up