VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

David Scott Lare- A Beautiful Soul, A Wonderful Husband, And Loving Father-Age 62

Tbird-

I want to thank you for Hadit and all of the great members here at this site!! Without this site, I would have had no clue as to what to do.

I would have never gotten claims approved without all of your generous help. Volunteering is a beautiful thing and it indeed comes back to you in many ways.

Would you believe that his PCP with VA had filed for a grant (on 06/25/12) to have a ride in shower in our house and it was approved. We have a ramp, motorized wheelchair, & lift already.

Doc applied for Aid and Attendance, but it was just denied. Doc is the one who mentioned that we needed it and the money would help me out. He wasn't "bad enough" so VA says. I should have appealed this, but my time needed to be with my husband.

David always wanted to get a t-shirt printed up saying that" my wife got me my100 %". He would say that it really did not matter if you filed a claim, the VA would deny you so why go to the trouble. Tbird, I would not give up, for he earned every single bit of his disability and more. There are plenty of things that we were going to file for, but our time just ran out.

I know I will stay on this site and learn more and if I can help one person, that is what it is all about. Indeed, I do not know very much and surely not as much as all of you, but you never know if something will come up that we did have to deal with. This site, I believe, will be one of my healing tools!

THANK YOU THANK YOU EVERYONE HERE AT HADIT!!! May God Bless all of you and guide you in everything that you do.

Celia

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ms Rockman,

Very, very sorry, to read of David's death.

Please post anytime you want or need to, we will still be here, for you.

I believe that - should you want it, the VAMC's and Vet Centers

can help with grief counseling.

Best regards,

carlie

Notorious Kelly,

Thank you. I never looked at it that he did beat the disease in that way. What a wonderful way to phrase it.

At least I do know he can have the military honors liked he so wanted.

I have always been curious, do you or have you done a lot of mineral mining? We own a small mineral company and we have dug all over. We did some in Arizona. Our favorite is quartz. We named our company after Jeffries Quarry in North Little Rock for solution quartz. We just spelled our as Jeffrey, so to be legal.

We did Gem & Mineral Shows from Tucson, Denver to over to Marietta, GA. We had to quit going to Denver because of the altitude and Tucson was too far. In fact I met David at a Gem and Mineral Show in Memphis. Ever since then I was indeed hooked!

God Bless!

Celia

Carlie,

Thank you so much and these messages do help- veterans who care for veterans.

What I understand is I will not be eligible to the grief counseling from the Vet Center. I still have to check on it. I was hoping Samantha would be eligible for it also, for she is not coping very well.

I will continue to post. Right now I am in the process of getting the life insurance info together.

Have a blesses day.

Celia (aka Mrs. Rockman)

I am so sorry to read this Celia, and will pray for all of you.

In my case ,when my husband died, his VA shrink set up a few appointments for me for grief counseling at the local VAMC.. His death ,so sudden, was hard for our daughter to accept at first, but when kids are young,they sure are resilient.

I seem to recall the VA doctor saw both of us a few times.

It is worth seeing if either the Vet Center or the VAMC can help you.

Sometimes so much happens when a spouse dies, that survivors often put off a lot of the grieving process. To others they appear to be 'strong' and getting on with their life well.

The bad part about doing that ,however, is that in time the grief can begin to become overwhelming ,years after the death.

I found that same phenomena when I worked at a vet center. I knew combat vets who were overwhelmed by the losses

their unit took during the Vietnam War , and the grief became full blown, many many years after the fact ,because they had not been able to deal with it or react to these deaths of their comrades , in the field,decades ago and had put off getting their feelings out,for years.

Good grief counseling can definitely help one get through some of the sorrow and the trauma of losing a spouse.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use