VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Average "envelope" Arrival Times.

Rate this question

Inthewind

Question

So, here's my idea of a stress reliever for those that are in my situation:

Those that have been tracking in ePeggy and notice a "Claim Closed" or a change in your letters, tell us the date you noticed a change and then how many days AFTER the change to get the award packet/envelope in the mail.

It's one of those 3am ideas.blink.png

As an aside, when I contacted the DAV today to compare system information, I got a very snippy woman on the phone who said "eBenefits is NEVER correct and don't get your hopes up if you see a letter change in there, because your claim is sitting in pending decision in my system" and "It can take two months to get a packet once it shows closed on eBenefits".

Why do people insist on placing their crappy disposition on others?mad.gif I asked her if she ever took phone calls for the VA, because her attitude made me think I dialed them by accident!!

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

If it occupies your time while you are waiting, be my guest. At least one Vets advocate recommends not checking ebenefits, calling peggy, or iris, because none are that reliable and you are setting yourself up for disappointement if they report something favorable and it turns out false.

Most Vets advocates recommend a hobby while waiting. Fishing, chess, woodworking, reading..what ever your hobby is. Watching the mailbox or ebenefits wont speed up your claim.

In fact, you heard about the "watched pot never boils"

At the very least you are stressing your self. Most of us have enough stress just dealing with the VA when we have to, to stress more about what stage your claim is in and when it will move from A to B.

Figuring an "average" time wont help you. If you were planning a family, you could look up the "average" parent has 2.4 kids. So, how many will you have? I doubt you will have the average of 2.4

In a similar way, even if you figured the "average" envelope time, it would likely vary between RO's. And, if you looked up your Average RO envelope time, then yours would be different because your claim would not be "average" in at least one way. For example, is yours an appeal? At what level? Is it single issue, multiple issues? Did you turn in all the evidence with your application? Did the Ro lose any of your evidence?

Did you send in the dependent information timely? We dont know and all these factors can affect your timing.

If it occupies your time while you are waiting, be my guest. At least one Vets advocate recommends not checking ebenefits, calling peggy, or iris, because none are that reliable and you are setting yourself up for disappointement if they report something favorable and it turns out false.

Most Vets advocates recommend a hobby while waiting. Fishing, chess, woodworking, reading..what ever your hobby is. Watching the mailbox or ebenefits wont speed up your claim.

In fact, you heard about the "watched pot never boils"

At the very least you are stressing your self. Most of us have enough stress just dealing with the VA when we have to, to stress more about what stage your claim is in and when it will move from A to B.

Figuring an "average" time wont help you. If you were planning a family, you could look up the "average" parent has 2.4 kids. So, how many will you have? I doubt you will have the average of 2.4

In a similar way, even if you figured the "average" envelope time, it would likely vary between RO's. And, if you looked up your Average RO envelope time, then yours would be different because your claim would not be "average" in at least one way. For example, is yours an appeal? At what level? Is it single issue, multiple issues? Did you turn in all the evidence with your application? Did the Ro lose any of your evidence?

Did you send in the dependent information timely? We dont know and all these factors can affect your timing.

Wow...talk about a party pooper!

I was merely talking about posting the time it took to receive the mail from the date it showed closed on eBenefits.

As for statistical significance when it comes to ANYTHING the VA does or for that matter, what most people post on HADIT, I can be 100% sure there is none.

However, there are a lot of people out there that DO check eBenefits constantly, and if there was some way I could find to aleviate some of that anxiety, then I sure would try. I know if I saw a post where 50 people said they received their decision packet within a week after it showed closed in eBenefits, it would give me some relief to know that I wouldn't be waiting another 2 months for the packet to arrive. (Extreme cases like Issac or Katrina or maybe living in Thialand or someplace similar aside tongue.png )

So, with that said, I'll go back to being the totally serious person that I'm not.

Now THATS what I'm talking about! Four business days! About the same as mine from the day of close on eBenefits. I really think people like to know these things!