VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Partial Grant Partial Remand

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

I have received a BVA decision that is partly remanded, and partly awarded, for seperate issues.

My question is, do you think they will process the "award" part right away, or will I have to wait to get my retro until the remand is completed. The remand could take months or years to resolve, and since its a seperate issue, I am hoping they will pay me the "award" portion (retro).

Has anyone had a partial award partial remand, and did they pay you right away and then take care of the remanded issue or did you have to wait forever?

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

" Yes, and the fact I want the new evidence to be at the BVA level is why I am strongly considering Berta's advice of a MFR...probably with a waiver of RO consideration. "

Do not second second guess this. Do it......

I had the same thing happen to me.

I was service connected for menier's by the BVA and tdiu remand.

The evidence the ro had showed me to be 100% for menier's. I recieved a handsome check from the VA with in a couple of months back dated to Jan 2007.(The date of my claim.)

I was previosly awarded 50% ptsd in 2004 which I appealed. This portion was remand back to ro for tdiu. It took nearly a year, but was eventually sent for a c&p for tdiu.( I had other issues on the remand for tdiu including 40% hearing loss and 10% each r%l knee).

It took several months, but finally was awarded 100% for tdiu from 2004 to Jan. 2007, at which point it became mute since I was 100% secular from that point.

In my case, not only did I recieve another handsome check but If I survive until Jan. 2014 my wife will qualify for DIC.

I hope this helps and good look. Jim