VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Has Anyone Ever Done A Fully Documented Claim?

Rate this question

Snookster

Question

I am currently rated at 50% PTSD and am waiting on a C&P for hearing & tinnitus in a week or so. I have a signed statement from my Psychiatrist AND my psychologist alluding to the fact that I am completely unable to continue ANY type of work.

I found info on a FDC and am wondering if this should be my next claim? I have everything (including statement from my last job) that I can see that they would want.

Has anyone ever done this? Would it be worth my while? Would my claim really get decided quicker?

I have also filed for SSDI last week and was told we did a good job on our paperwork with them, so maybe that's a good sign too.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Snookster

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I have also filed for SSDI last week and was told we did a good job on our paperwork with them, so maybe that's a good sign too.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Snookster

Snookster, On SSDI it took about 6 months to get approval and then another 6 weeks to get the money and its back dated differently for each case. I have heard of some getting it faster.

Good Luck and injoy life!

Appreciate the info my Brother, but I have done my homework with SSDI and am comfortable with my paperwork. Not expecting miracles, but I wouldn't bet against what I gave them...

HOWEVER.....The question remains...has ANYONE ever filed a FDC for IU??

Thanks for looking!

Snook

Fast letter 10-22. FDC

I/ u doesn't fall under FDC. Only increase new secondary.

FDC can be new secondary reopen ( tough one) and increase. You can also do it for pension. The catch is everything must be submitted up front. You can't have a claim already running either. Worst theyll do is tell you you are out of the program, but by signing certificate DTA is met ( meaning even if inel you still either get an exam or rtr). IBS is oresumptive and sounds like gulf war is conceded. Sounds like by doing FDC you will get a letter stating you are excluded because of a claim going, but should get the exam at the same time. That is your call. Again, recap:

Can't file FDC with claim already going ( will receive a letter saying you are excluded) again claim will still move forward but defeats the purpose of FDC.

All evidence must be submitted up front with 526ez.

Do NOT submit abything else afte FDC claim is

in. You will be excluded (kinda defeats the purpose of FDC). But will get a letter telling you that you're excluded. See the link at the beginning if this chain

IMHO. It works. Just have to have your ducks in a row before submitting. Yes you lose effective date, but some have been waiting almost a year and mine is in decision in less then four MOS. JMHO. It is your call.

Edited by T8r

FDC doesn't cover IU? WOW! I was under the impression it did. I was told by a VARO that FDC is the way to go to expedite your claim. I also understand that I cannot have any other claims open in order to file for FDC. She has seen all my paperwork and is giving me the thumbs up to proceed. BUT....If I cannot file for IU, what can I file for? Is it going to be for a 100% rating? Please explain, as my old ass doesn't understand. Think I will PM you also. Thanks for your input. Greatly appreciated!

Snookster

FDC means by signing the certificate you got everything a normal letter will entail. This

Means everything is submitted and you either get an exam or rated. Problem with IU is that the va needs an 8940, 4192 and further development which means you can't supply everything upfront because you didn't get a part in the standard letter. The funny thing is that you can still submit the 8940, 4192, ssa records and they will tell you that you are I eligible, but you are still at the same

Point as an FDC, BUT they will send you a letter. And still probably (should) set you up for an exam because you have submitted everything up front. Just return the vcaa response. Not saying this will be quicker, because every va regional office moves at its own pace, but they would seem hard pressed to explain why it takes so long.

AGAIN. FDC means you have submitted everything up front. Do not submit anything else. Get your ducks in a roll. It took me six months to get everything before I submitted my FDC claim, but took about three and a half mos to get a first time favorable decision of 50% for mood disorder. True I list back pay by waiting but gained time on the decision.

I am very suspicious of the VA, basically, telling me to "wait until you get your ducks in a row" before submitting (FDC) claim, and gather the evidence first, before applying. Why? First I am always suspicious when someone says they are with the government and are here to help me.

More importantly, this would appear to be just another government program where the main purpose is to get us to delay filing our claim (and get a later effective date) "in hopes" that the RO will actually work it faster.

A FDC, even if it actually sped up the claims process, would only be as good as the management at the RO that implemented it, and that varies widely among RO's.

I dont know about you, but I can not see how "getting my medical records" on my dime will be any faster than "getting them on the VA's dime".

In other words, we dont get paid until the "effective date of the claim" and waiting to file, for whatever reason, simply costs the Vet money in retro.

The smart thing to do, IMHO, is to apply for benefits pronto. Then, yes, gather your records together while the VA is developing your claim, and dont drag your feet on that. You see, there is more stuff the VA does in developing our claim other than just gathering our records, tho that is an important part of it. For example, the VA will schedule a C and P exam, if applicable. They probably wont do this until they get your records because, your records may or may not contain enough evidence to grant or deny your claim without a C and P exam. Since C and P exams cost money, the VA does not do them unless necessary. For example if your medical records do not document a nexus, in theory, a C and P exam could do just that.

For me, I am going to file my claims ASAP, then gather the evidence as quickly as I can, and mail it off as quickly as I can. I see no benefit in waiting until all the evidence arrives before sending in the claim except maybe to "make the VA numbers look better" because it will seem like less time if the Veteran does all the work gathering the evidence, but you have to add back the time you took to have everything ready to hand it off to the VA.