VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Looking For Some Advice

Rate this question

WVSERVER

Question

Well I am looking for some advice as to how I should prepare for my up and coming C&Ps exams. They are schedule for the 19 & 20 of this month it been a 19 month wait to this point.

I am not sure if the VA is trying to screw me already or not but I don’t certainly trust them. I was told I have a 2hr mental health exam schedule for PTSD?????????? The only problem is I never claimed PTSD. I did claim depression. I asked a couple of times the lady kept saying PTSD??????????. They also asked if I could bring a copy of my sleep study. They also sent me a 15.00 bill for outpatient care visit. The only problem I don’t have VA insurance nor have I ever been seen at a VA hospital in my life.

I have severs conditions that I am been evaluate for some include

1. Flatfoot/ Planter fasciitis
  2. Acid Reflux w/chest pain
  3. Sleep Apnea
  4. Hydronephrosis of the kidneys
  5. Depression
  6. Hiatal hernia
  7. Bulged C-4, C-5, and C-7
  8. Hemorrhoids

That’s about all I can remember for now I will have to review my paperwork. All conditions are recorded in my service treatment records I even had a MEB/PEB for the sleep apnea say I required the use of a CPAP.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

WMserver

It appears like you have everything under control especially everything being in your service records one thing to watch for is do not tell them how good you are feeling if they ask go into your conditions looks like a very high possible rating such as 100% P&T I have severe stomach problems myself and bad feet as well don't have some of the others but professionally (i.e. speaking as a former corp man in the private sector) speaking it looks like you are really unemployeable. Keep the faith remember buzz words like I feel ok thanks can go against you during the examination make sure you use words describing the nature and symptoms how you feel from day to day etc.

Hope this helps

Thank You for your service

Remember the 5 P's. Proper preperation Prevents Poor Performance.

Go over your medical records, ahead of time, and also go over the criteria for the conditions you are seeking. Noo...dont lie or exaggerate..but do tell the C and P doc the symptoms you have which are on the criteria list.

Are you using the CPAP? To get compensation for sleep apnea you have to be using the CPAP. Mine has a smart card with a chip in it, and the doc knows if you are using it or not.

However, even with that I am not getting SC for sleep apnea. I use the CPAP because it helps my health..I sleep better...not sleepy in the day..and dont tend to fall asleep driving like I used to.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I used my CPAP until it broke about 2 yrs ago during a move.

I am very weak in the IMO portion. I just can not afford to see a doctor.

I work and will do so until the day I die, just the way it is. All three of my kids were sick this week which absolute high jacked our tight budget. I just can’t afford to take care of my own health. I think this fact will be used against me.

I am confident that I have the proof to prove sleep apnea and tinnitus.

Some of the other issues that I claimed that are in my service treatment records include

Micro Cordial Valve Prolaps with chest pain.

Tinnitus

IBS

All theses thing are in my service treatment records and I think the pattern is established. Like I said I just don’t know if they will consider them an on going problem since I don’t go to doctors on an on going basis