VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Confused Totally On Claim Preparation For Decision

Rate this question

billygoat21

Question

Today i called the 800 number and the clerk told me my claim went to the rater on sept 7th that explains why my claim moved backwards to preparation for decision from pending decision approval. Question why would she say it went to the rater on 9/7/12 when vso told me it was ready to rate july 22 when it was in the pending decision phase? The Average decision phase in Seattle is 57 days and notification phase is 29 days that would make it Sept 18th for preparation for notification. wonder why all the jerking around 711 days and counting for initial claim. Any ideas much appreciated.

Billy

9/17/10

1. Claim Received

2. Under Review

11/29/10 3.Gathering of Evidence

4. Review of Evidence

5. 9/7/12

Preparation for Decision

6. 7/23/12 Pending Decision Approval

7. Sept 18th

Preparation for Notification

8. Oct 18th

Complete

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I confirmed that the CPC is no longer working on veteran's comp claims. When I called 800-peggy I was told that my claim was in fact back in Seattle. I didn't know this, nobody notified me. Also the phone-con revealed that when you call, write or E-mail them they are supposed to generate what they call a referral. She told me that none had been noted for my claim. She said she would generate one right away and I should be contacted by the Seattle RO within two weeks, maybe longer because of the backlog.

I then asked about any C&P exams for me and she said I should have one and she noted that as well. She then gave me the referral number.

I was informed that the average time for a claim at Seattle was 237 days. I'm there now so we will see. Sure glad I called as E-benefits doesn't reflect what's going on, at least in my claim.

Thanks to all.

Tugger50 here is the latest data for seattle claims info i got from calling the 800 number this week

The Development Phase is completed on most claims in Seattle is 237 days.

The Decision Phase average for Seattle is 57 Days as of 9/10/2012

The Notification Phase average for Seattle is 29 Days as of 9/10/2012

I don't know about the Seattle area but the decision phase and notification phases according to the Houston VA can take 30 days or a little more depending what they have to type up the notification phase I think is wrong once your packet has been signed off all that is left to do is for them to put the decision letter in a brown envelope and mail it via their mail room generally here in the Houston area it takes 4 to five days to recieve it. I cannot see where there would be any difference in Seattle it looks like whoever told you this needs a new line of work Now Ebenefits can be wrong if the data input is wrong on their end anyways will be praying for you all keep the faith.

Thanks for your service

Edited by ComputerGeek46

mine made it to the rater for about a week. then it went back down for more evidence.

Yes the same happen here I got an e-mail stating that they have everything they needed to decide my claim now it back in the gathering dust phase