VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Today, Examiner Took All Mrs + Dbq, Letters.

Rate this question

Greg88

Question

I went for my Medical C&P today, the examiner was pleasant and asked to see and accepted all my paperwork including medical records, filled out DBQ and Nexis type letter filled out by my private MD. She looked over all the forms before she started questioning me and told me she would review furthur after the exam. She did a thorough exam, but seemed a little more interested in the new things that have popped up in the last 15 years. I will wait a week and see if I can get a copy, overall I think it went OK, she mentioned that they have a person who collects all the MRs and info and brings it back to the Regional Office, this sounds like something new, most of the posts I see, the examiner will read it and hand it back to the vet.

Greg

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

You may have to ask the RO for a copy, depending on the state you are in, but get a copy. Look for the key words "more likely than not" or "at least likely as not". If it says "less likely than not" start working on your NOD.

Greg - really happy to hear that your examiner was pleasant, took your documentation and did a thorough exam. Hopefully when you get a copy of the C&P results - they will reflect an honest evaluation of your condition.

I'll assume you have the originals or a copy of the documentation she took from you....just in case they never end up at the RO via their method...so you can send them in yourself if need be.

Edited by USMC5811

USMC,

I left copies, after reading how things get lost with the VA I thought it better to cover my a**, I'll wait 2 weeks and ask for a copy from the VAMC where it was done. The funny thing was the examiner understanding of diabetes was not to update, I was told the examiners specialty was heart disease. When I mentioned some of my problems that I was having, I got a blank stare, it's like Joe Friday "just whats on the DBQ" the examiner did miss a few things, there is a question on the DBQ asking about scars and it's relation to the diabetes, 4 or 5 years ago I fell out of bed while my sugar was low and slept against an oil filled electric heater (the one that looks like a small radiator) I woke up with 3 coaster size 3rd degree burns on my calf, upper arm and opposite wrist, it was mentioned in the DBQ my MD filled out, but the examiner never asked, I wonder if the examiner will use what I left to highlight what was not examined. It's great to have a cheat sheet to help you fill things out. Since the examiner read everything I figured I save the VA 45 minutes of their and my time.

Greg

Have you claimed Peripheral Neuropathy due to the diabetes?

In some cases PN can cause an altered reaction to heat and cold and in that way, the VA could perhaps rate scar residuals from any accident like when you slept against the hot oil heater and got 3rd degree burns.

Of course VA has to determine the PN is secondary to the DMII but PN is a well known consequence of DMII.

Edited by Berta

Berta, yes it was claimed it was diagnosed in 1988 at the VAMC I used and they used it to raise my rating from 40% to 60% and then again as it progressed to a 100%, the examiner did all the test's from the Diabetic PN DBQ, it took basically 10 minutes, the DBQ says it should take 30, but when you have Type 1 for 36 years they make a lot foregone conclusions. In the outside medical world I'm not a tough case, but with the VA you always have to look for a curve ball. Any ideas how long it will take to obtain the copy of the C&P exam ?

Greg