VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Advice On Being Dropped By Lawyer

Rate this question

Tbird

Question

IM A VET WHO HAS BEEN WAITING TO GO TO BVA FOR 5 YEARS NOW.

QUESTION WHAT HAPPENS IF MY LAWYER DROPS ME? DO I GET A LETTER AND MY FILE BACK

CAN YOU RECOMMEND A GOOD LAWYER HOWS BERGMAN AND MOORE

DO I GET MY FILE BACK HOW DOES THE LAWYER GET PAID

AND IF I SETTLE BY MYSELF WITH THE VA OUTSIDE OF COURT DO I STILL HAVE TO PAY ME LAWYER

I SIGNED FOR 20% OF ANY RETRO PAY PLUS ANY SMC RATINGS I GET

VA HAS DENIED ALL MY smc CLAIMS AND THEY TOLD ME THEY ARE NOT ACCEPTING ANY MORE DR BASH IMO BUT THATS JUST MY LOCAL VARO

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Keep in mind that even lawyers (legal representatives)

have specific regulation and laws they must adhere to.

Your claim can't be certified to BVA and your representative

just simply DROP you.

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr&sid=691630ae72a53b6fd2fe41a4cea69c5f&rgn=div8&view=text&node=38:2.0.1.1.5.7.35.3&idno=38

If you get to CAVC, which I did, the attorney gets paid by the court if there is an award, more likely a remand. Lawyers come out of the woodwork when they see your CAVC docket number. I know now that they have to find any technicality to get it remanded and make the money. I bet I had 30 letters from different law firms when my docket number showed up.

But the minute they win (at CAVC), you are on your own again.

just have a question

what do i do if i get dropped by lawyer ??

do i have to pay a bill

do i get my records back??

also i see on other web sites vets getting dropped by their lawyers i guess the lawyer gets paid out of some federal fund

it appears to me the lawyers are opting out and filing to get the fee out of this vja fund rather than waiting 6 - 7 years to see if the vet wins

any advixe on who to get for a lawyer in case i get dropped?? lot of lawyers aer opting out to get the cash rather than waiting for a case

Bargmann anfd moore seem to mentioned a lot??

thx

these bva cases total 998 000 cases in America i will be dead before mine is eve heard. America is bad country lot of folks headed to canada because their you get blue cross blueshieldfood coupons the people are nice and the life style is more european. French act respectable not the animals in the lower 48. i movin home to canada out of thiis nightmare, Canada is the plac for vets to relax and cut off all the american bullshit.

• HadIt.com Elder

these bva cases total 998 000 cases in America i will be dead before mine is eve heard. America is bad country lot of folks headed to canada because their you get blue cross blueshieldfood coupons the people are nice and the life style is more european. French act respectable not the animals in the lower 48. i movin home to canada out of thiis nightmare, Canada is the plac for vets to relax and cut off all the american bullshit.

grent - I guess if you don't like it here, it would be best to leave. Me, I'll stay. I still feel it's the best place in the world to live!

I'm curious why you asked the question about your lawyer dropping you? Has he indicated that he plans to or are you just worrying, for something to do? I agree the VA process is BS. My claim took 10yrs but I won retro the whole 10yrs. I still have an appeal pending that's been 20yrs but I plan to out live the VA!! Stay well!!

pr

these bva cases total 998 000 cases in America i will be dead before mine is eve heard.

America is bad country lot of folks headed to canada because their you get blue cross blueshieldfood coupons

the people are nice and the life style is more european.

French act respectable not the animals in the lower 48.

i movin home to canada out of thiis nightmare,

Canada is the plac for vets to relax and cut off all the american bullshit.

grent,

If you really believe what you posted above - then I've got some

land you might be interested in buying -

it's real nice, located right in the middle of the everglades in Florida.

I promise it's high and dry - no problems : - )