VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Restored

Rate this topic

qrdgv2tebc

I WAS S/C FOR PTSD IN 21/OCT/1997, 70%, IT WAS SEVERED IN 31/JULY/2005. HIRED A LAWYER OUT OF WASHINGTON, CLAIM WENT ALL THE WAY TO US COURT OF APPEALS TOOK SEVEN YEARS TO WIN, MY PTSD WAS RESTORED BACK TO ME AT 70% EFFECTED JULY/31/2005.

QUESTION ; DO I STILL KEEP MY ORIGINAL S/C DATE OF 21/0CT/1997. SINCE RESTORED MEANS LIKE IT NEVER WAS TAKEN AWAY.

IS THERE A POSSIBLILTY OF ANY RETRO PAY ON THIS. AND IS IT POSSIBLE I MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR SPECIAL MONTHLT COMPENSATION UNDER 38 U.S.C. 1114. I HAVE BEEN S/C AT 100% FOR THE PASS 15 YEARS AND S/C FOR PYSD FOR 15 YEARS AMOUNG OTHER S/C DISABILITIES.

WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP WITH THIS MATTER, MY DAV REP IS NOT MUCH HELP

I LIVE IN THE PHILLIPPINES, EVEN WHEN I CALL HIM HE SEEMS TO BE ALWAY BUSY TO TALK TO ME, WHICH SUCKS

THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE ME

I AM WRITING IN LARGE LETTERING BECAUSE I AM LEGALLY BLIND..

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THIS IS WHAT I AM S/C FOR

1. PTSD-70%

2.HEART DISEASE/AGENT ORANGE-60%

3.SPINE LUMBAR-40%

4.SPINE,CERVICAL30%

5.RIGHT SHOULDER-30%

6.BARRETTS ESOPHAGUS-30%

7.CHRONIC GASTRITIS-30%

8.CERVICOGENIC HEADACHES-30%

9. RIGHT ELBOW-20%

10.LEFT ELBOW-20%

11.RIGHT HIP-20%

12.LEFT HIP-20%

13. LEFT SHOULDER--20%

14.. RIGHT KNEE-20%

15. LEFT KNEE-20%

16.CARPAL TUNNEL SYNDROME, LEFT-10%

17.CTS- RIGHT 10%

18 HALLUX VULGUS RIGHT FOOT-10%

19. HALLUX VULGUS, LEFT FOOT-10%

20.CHRONIC RADICULOPATHYLUMBAR ,LEFT-10%

21. CHRONIC RADICULOPATHY CERVICAL RIGHT-10% THIS IS ALSO KNOW AS NEUTOPATHIC PAIN SYNDROME, CERVICAL/LUMBAR

22. BILATERAL SENSORINEURAL LOSS-10%

23. BILATERAL TINNITUS-10%

THIS IS EVERTHING I AM S/C FOR.

Wow thanks for your service and sorry for your sufferings hopefully they have all the SMCs awarded to you

SINCE MY DAV VSO CAN NOT FINE THE TIME TO TALK TO ME, WHAT IS THE FIRST STEP I SHOULD TAKE TO GET THIS OFF THE GROUND, I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT WITH THE VA,MANILA ON THE 12TH OF OCT/2012, SHOULD I DISCUSS THE SMC AWARD WITH THEM, THEY ALREADY KNOW WHAT MY S/C CONDITIONS ARE.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP I CAN GET.

It is very hard to advise you in your situation. It entirely depends on the reason for VA severing your 70% rating in the first place. The reason they used for this will determine whether or not you would be reinstated with backpay or not. I personally suggest going through the US court of Appeals Decision, and seeing what they say about any backpay. Other than that I would give the lawyer a call that represented you for your Court of Veterans Appeals case. He will be in a much better position ot advise you why things were decided the way they were, and any possible chances of appeal.

I would suggest putting in a claim for housebound/aid and attendance and seeing where it goes. You will probably need to go through the regular C&P exams, and begin gathering private IMO's stating that you are clearly disabled and restricted in Activities of Daily Living. With the number and type of service connected conditions you have, I personally would say your chances are good for SMC, especially because of the fact you are legally blind.

Good Luck

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use