VA Disability Claims Community Forums - HadIt.com Veterans
  • veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.

CHAT NOW

• question-001.jpeg

Have Questions? Get Answers.

Tips on posting on the forums.

1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery instead of ‘I have a question.

2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title.
      I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.

3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story.

Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

Leading too:

exclamation-point.pngPost straightforward questions and then post background information.

Examples:

• Question A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    Rephrase the question: I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

• Question B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
    Rephrase the question: I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial of your claim?”

Note:

• Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• VA Watchdog

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Caregiver

red

Question

I did not know where to post this so if I am sorry if I am in the wrong place. I also may have posted this before, not sure. Does anyone know if there is any caregiver help for a 100% t&p vet that has a incapacitated spouse. As lot of you know on this board my wife had a terrible stroke 7 years ago and I have been her caregiver 24/7 the full seven years. It has just about got me down, I did not sleep at night for over two weeks, not a wink. I would go to sleep around 6 in the am and sleep to around two.

I went to the va and was told I was in deep depression and was given a med that helped me sleep. But she continues to fall, fell 3 times this week and I had to rush her to emergency once, I caught her twice. I run scared all the time and just need some help. I have been told that no help is available. I have some money but if I spend it on a caregiver, and happen to God forbid pass away before my wife, she might not have enough to be taken care of. I am a very strong man but feel I need some help. If any one know how you can get help please let me know. Thanks and have a great week.

Red

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

12 answers to this question

Yes she is on champva. Thanks

red,

Send a nice email to:

glenn.johnson@VA.gov

He's great at his job and if there is some help available he will

make sure you get it.

Let him know you were referred by SVR Radio / Jerrel Cook and hadit.com.

Also here's more info.

http://www.va.gov/hac/forbeneficiaries/champva/handbook/chandbook.pdf

• HadIt.com Elder

Thank you Carlie you are right Glenn Johnson will take care of Red in any that he can sure do hope that she can get the help that he can and Red sure dose need some real help all the best to you and your wife Red..

I wrote the letter to Glenn Johnson and received a response via email today. I can tell Glenn is a great guy but as he stated in his letter, it is not what you want to hear but Champva has no help when it comes to a caregiver. So I am back to square one. I just want to say thanks to this board for the suggestions. If I had not worked hard all my life and did not have assets I could be on medicare and get help for nothing. My best to all of you.

Wouldn't this apply under Champva benefits ?

http://www.va.gov/hac/forbeneficiaries/champva/handbook/chandbook.pdf

SECTION 4: BENEFIT INFORMATION 20

Authorization for Care

Covered Benefits (not all inclusive)

Other Covered Services

Noncovered Services (not all inclusive)

Page 28

Home health care

Home health care is intermittent skilled care in a

home setting for a homebound patient. It includes

skilled nursing and rehabilitative care, as part of

a physician’s treatment plan, and is provided by a

licensed or registered caregiver.

Thanks Carie,

I went thru the book but really do not understand what I should ask for when I call them. I know it is a pain but could you spell it out a little for me with regards to how you feel champva could help me with care giver help. I am 73 and it is a little tough for me to understand. Hate to bother you but if you can help me I would really appreciate it. Thanks again.

• HadIt.com Elder

Red one other thing that you can try. Believe it or not you have a VA Social Worker assigned by clinic. I would call VAMC and ask for the clinic you are in Social Worker. They are much more helpful than rest of VA.

Medicare will pay for someone to come and assist your wife but the time is limited. I know that I have a Medicare Advantage Plan and I think it pays for up to 120 days.

You might also consider getting help on your own and the City you live in might be a place to help.

My wife has had a couple of strokes and also poor vision and I know a lot better than your precious spouse but taking care of her can be a real chore. I admire how dedicated you have been and like you I take the vows I made when I got married to be with my wife in sickness and in health.

You and your wife are in my prayers.

Pete, you always know how to put things in a very nice way. You got to be a great Texan, (I know many of them), I do need some help and will certainly take your advice. God bless you. In sickness or in health. That is the vow this 73 year man will always adhere to. Thanks again.