VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Caregiver

Rate this question

red

Question

I did not know where to post this so if I am sorry if I am in the wrong place. I also may have posted this before, not sure. Does anyone know if there is any caregiver help for a 100% t&p vet that has a incapacitated spouse. As lot of you know on this board my wife had a terrible stroke 7 years ago and I have been her caregiver 24/7 the full seven years. It has just about got me down, I did not sleep at night for over two weeks, not a wink. I would go to sleep around 6 in the am and sleep to around two.

I went to the va and was told I was in deep depression and was given a med that helped me sleep. But she continues to fall, fell 3 times this week and I had to rush her to emergency once, I caught her twice. I run scared all the time and just need some help. I have been told that no help is available. I have some money but if I spend it on a caregiver, and happen to God forbid pass away before my wife, she might not have enough to be taken care of. I am a very strong man but feel I need some help. If any one know how you can get help please let me know. Thanks and have a great week.

Red

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yes she is on champva. Thanks

red,

Send a nice email to:

glenn.johnson@VA.gov

He's great at his job and if there is some help available he will

make sure you get it.

Let him know you were referred by SVR Radio / Jerrel Cook and hadit.com.

Also here's more info.

http://www.va.gov/hac/forbeneficiaries/champva/handbook/chandbook.pdf

• HadIt.com Elder

Thank you Carlie you are right Glenn Johnson will take care of Red in any that he can sure do hope that she can get the help that he can and Red sure dose need some real help all the best to you and your wife Red..