VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Had To Start A New Topic To Try To Figure Out How To Post

Rate this question

relpats

Question

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

My Question is a very simple one....I took early retirement in 2009 secondary to side effects from (NHL) . My rating for NHL(Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma) is 0% because it's in remission, I am currently appealing the 0%. , however I am service connected for PTSD 50%, peripheral neuropathy 20% etc... I applied for TDIU, (on the advice of counsel).The forms were all completed by my employer & physicians did up a nice letter,stating all the adverse reactions from the disease or the chemotherapy... I am collecting Social security benefits, and Teacher's retirement. I taught elementary education and was constantly sick because of my weaken immune system. I couldn't do it anymore. I have no other formal training...I am also 66 years old. I retired at 62...2009. I read that for this claim to be sucessful the NHL should have the highest rating???? What do you all think? Almost forgot to mention my last exam with the oncologist was on May 10th, the oncologist stated I have enlarge red blood cells??? What exactly this means is anybodies guess, however she feels this is the reason for the fatigue, night sweats. I am schedule for a scan on Saturday. Is it wise to send the VA the lab work, and the notes from this meeting. It was interesting how this visit was done...via the new video technology the VA is employing. It makes it easier for Veterans that live too far from the RO, It can be held at the clinics you frequent. All disciplines are present...SW, Doctor, nutritionist, and a NP. Really Cool! Doug