VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Claim Was Deferred

Rate this question

Clayton0417

Question

I found out that my PTSD claim is being deferred because they are still waiting on my mental health records from Ft. Stewart. I had the C&P exam for PTSD on Jun 1, 2006. I'll admit that it was hard to talk to the doctor about a lot of things, and didn't offer much information if he didn't ask. I had the exam before I discovered Hadit, and now realize some of the things that I didn't say may hurt my claim in the down the road. However, he said that he could tell that I was deeply affected by it and was still having a hard time talking about it. I am currently taking Zoloft. He said I have a GAF of 60. He recommended that I continue to seek treatment and continue with the medication. Does anyone know how long they will wait on those records, it's been 13 months since the claim was filed?

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

I can't say how long it will be for you, but my claim is 17 months old and the VA has everything they need they said and are not awaiting any more information. It has been at the rating board since the last week in June and then was transferred to another state RO to be rated. My C&P exam was 29Jul2005 for PTSD. I guess the appropriate answer is the VA will get around to it when they feel like it, there is no magic time frame. Just keep calling every couple of weeks for a status update.