VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Finished

Rate this question

WVSERVER

Question

Well I had my C&Ps this week. I think that they went well but I won’t really know until I have read the final reports.

The PA that conducted my medical exams was decent. It took him 3 hr to complete the process. Even with the RO swearing to me that they have received my service treatment records many time I still do not think they have them. The only thing that was in my C-File was the files I sent them and my dental records.

The Pa was very curious as to why I built my cases the way I did. Once I told him his only response was genius you should have been a lawyer. There were a couple of claims I made were the records I had were weak because the only concrete proof was located in my service treatment record. For example the only proof I had for allergic sinusitis was a reference to the fact I used flonase during my military time. So to say the least I was feeling pretty negative (although I did not show it) when I found out my service treatment records were not in my file. Guess what? The PA went on line and printed out every portion of my Service Treatment Records that was needed and went over all the DBQS with me to further build my case in a positive way.

At the end the PA thanked me; he said it was very thoughtful and considerate of you to bring in all the paper work that you had all ready sent in. He also stated that it was very refreshing to work with someone who’s every claim was found in there service treatment records and that it was apparent that I still struggle with every condition claimed. But he also reminded me that the final decision was up to the rater who has no medical experience and make there decision based on other reason then he would.

The metal health portion went ok, but then again who really enjoys them to begin with. At the end the Doc said man you looked depressed I did not say what I really wanted to.

The audiology portion was very short shed asked a couple of questions did the hearing test asked a couple of more questions and it was over.

So to say the least I think it went well, but I am holding out until I read the report. I have a feeling that I will be called back for another C&P due to the fact that they did not ask the doc to check some things I claimed and asked him to check others I did not.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Well I finally got around to getting copies of my C&P exam reports. I really have no idea about any of it. I am just going to see how it comes out. I have a felling there going to deny everything except the obstructive sleep apnea with CPAP.

The C&P for tinnitus is the only one that has key language in it. The examiner marked the less likely then not (less the 50% probability as being service connected). I provided them and the examiner with a report from a civilian ENT Doc in 2005 (During my service dates) stating that the tinnitus was caused by high frequency hearing loss which was due to noise exposure in my job as an Air Force Security Policeman. The C&P examiner wrote it was due to having chronic fluid on my ears during my active duty time so in her opinion it was not caused my nose exposure nor is service connected.

All the rest of the reports are just the doctor filling out the DBQ’s no key language.

The mental health exam did say I have General Anxiety disorder and depressive mood with a GAF of 62(all from a 1hr exam WOW) and that I am competent to handle finances.

I am not able to scan in the reports or I would. Other then that I am just going to wait and see.

Does anyone know if they did not ask the C&P examiner to examine you for something you claim does that mean there going to deny it off the bat?

Well it looks like I will be getting more C&P exams. The local VMAC called and scheduled me for some more exams. They said the RO is asking for more DBQs to be filled out. They listed all the same issues I was exam for 2 week ago???????????????

I questioned them on this I was there 19& 20 of September 2012 they said theses were ordered on the 3rd of October so they are not a duplication of the process.

They waste so much of my time but what choice do I have but to be along for the ride.

These Comp and Pens are a joke. I received copies of all mine also, everything I claimed they put least likely as not, and I only did 30 years in the military and have no issues when I joined. I even have IME from personal doctor and the comp and pen docs states he don't agree with my personal doctor findings. It's truly sad how they treat us that spend our time defending our country.