VA Disability Claims Community Forums - HadIt.com Veterans
  • veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.

CHAT NOW

• question-001.jpeg

Have Questions? Get Answers.

Tips on posting on the forums.

1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery instead of ‘I have a question.

2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title.
      I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.

3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story.

Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

Leading too:

exclamation-point.pngPost straightforward questions and then post background information.

Examples:

• Question A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    Rephrase the question: I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

• Question B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
    Rephrase the question: I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial of your claim?”

Note:

• Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• VA Watchdog

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Ebenefits...... Is Confusing

#1Cavtrooper

Question

Well, Saturday I could not access ebenefits, so I figured something was going on because the site was to be down on Sunday not Saturday. And sure enough my claim went from Gathering of Evidence on Friday (the last time I could check it) to "Preparation for Notification" this evening. But........ I have two Estimated Claim Completion Dates: One on October 9, 2012 and the other in November...... so now I am really nervous. And more confused........ sigh....

Edited by #1Cavtrooper (see edit history)

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Mine is weird too. Gave me a yes/no option to post information on my homepage. I clicked yes and the whole option thing disappeared. Can't see a change though.

My date moved backward toward 7/26/2012 from 08/07/2012. Not that I'm complaining that the date moved back.....just hope that means that somewhere in their weird system that it means my file is a little closer to reaching daylight.

And yes I know all.......never trust eBenefits.......but it's just so darn fluffy and cute and I can't resist.....

Mark

It's getting even more weird. I logged in a few minutes ago and the dates were different between the summary and the status. It said there was evidence required and right below it it said required evidence received. I clicked on both and it showed nothing. Then i went back to the claims status and all that stuff was gone!!!

It's like somebody is monitoring and said "hooked another one, Ya ha ha".

Now I get this status:

Status Has Changed

Evidence Requested is Past Due

New Evidence Received

But, I'm still under Gathering Evidence. Oh well, watch the mail box, right?

Same on my opening screen. Just keeps on gettin' better.

Mark

Sounds like a technological problem. I wouldn't worry about it. I know easier said than done but there's nothing you can do about it. It's the weekend now. Just call tomorrow in the meantime enjoy Sunday NIght Football and a cold brew!!!

The claim date is 8/19/11, the estimated comletion date is past due (the message says sorry it's past due, they are working on it), its in Prep for Notification and then it says Status has changed, evidence requeste is past due, new evidence received, decision notification sent, development letter sent. Seems like this claim has been extremely busy since Saturday.

Everytime they do some 'upgrade' seems like it just gets effed up.

They did it again, it is apparent the updates weren't ready for prime time mine said development letter sent on my adding dependents but on the first page before going to claim status it notes no notifications sent out (as if acknowledging a mistakelaugh.png !!!!!) come on e benefits this truly should be a major embarrassment as well as nerve racking to everyone

Hi everyone, I got the the same Staus Change, Evidence requested past due, the funny thing is my AB8 letter disappeared also, Benefits Explorer still shows me at 100%. I received a call from Peggy and it's like talking to Schultz on "Hogans heroes" "I know nothing" could not tell me what was missing, if anything, it seems like all they want to do is to get off the phone, if a form was missing would'nt they tell so we could get it into the mail and save time, oh it's the VA they don't care about the vets time.

Greg

I don't know whether to believe Peggy or ebenefits!?!? I called the 1800# and was told my claim was still in the developement phase but on ebenefits it's showing "Preparation for Notification" still. If I was to put Peggy and ebenefits in the same bag I wonder which one would fall out first???

Well, after talking to Peggy a couple of times and then to ebenefits technical support, my claim finally got straightened out and went to Pending Decision Approval. When Ebenefits "crashed" on 9/23/2012 it went to Preparation for Notification. So now I will keep an eye on it...... CAUTIOUSLY......

Does anyone know an est for e-benefits being up and running correctly it appears due to the many preps for notifications being shown it can't be right. Has anyone reported this yet?

Thanks All

@ComputerGeek46... I reported it last week (see previous post). Well, yesterday my claim was at Pending Decision Approval and today sometime after 1300 hrs it went to Preparation for Notification. This is from my original claim dated 1/28/2011 for my 4 deferred items. I was awarded 80% on 6/1/2012 for 2 contentions. I went to Houston VARO on 10/2/2012 and picked up copies of my general exam for IU and my C/p exams for Cervical Spine, Headaches, and Thoracolumbar. The gentleman at the VARO painstakingly printed out 84 pages right at the front desk even after at first he said I would need to get them mailed to me! (See C/P exams for results).blink.png

Ebenefits hasn't jives with the 800# for about a week. I went from notification to gathering again and then stalled at prep for decision on ebennies even though Dav told me it was final. 800# told me that they sent something back to the rater for correction but decision was made.

Ebennies showed I was back in notification today.

I'm just being patient. The recent upgrade shorted the whole system.

Spoke to 800-Peggy and she told me that E-Peggy is WRONG in reporting Prep for Notification, the claim is still in Review of Evidence. It's now been a year and 2 months. Or at least 130-days the TDIU has been deferred. I asked for a E-Peggy technical support number and they gave me the customer service number, and of course, all they could tell me was that they reported on E-bennies what was reported to them. In summary, she told me nothing.

I did get a call the other day from some firm claiming that they were doing a survey on 800-Peggy and wanted me to rate my experience with customer service. The caller didn't know what he was in for because I took that opportunity to complain about 800-Peggy to the point where the guy was apologetic.

This whole claim process makes me so angry. They (whoever is running this show) should be ashamed at they way they conduct business. I guess they feel because their only customers are veterans that they can operated with impunity. For SHAME VA, for shame!!!