VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What A Joke

Rate this question

SCAATY

Question

I wonder how much time and money the VA will waste today explaining the latest ebenefits update. Then there are the VSO's that will be getting bombarded with calls by concerned veterans that check their status on ebenifits and see the garbage that is on there this morning. seems to me everyone is getting the same type of information that they got in the last ebenifits update only in a different format. What I find most disturbing are the expected completion dates. My expected completion dates this time are between 12/23/2012 and 5/23/2012. Now, I know not to put my faith in any date that the VA gives me on completion, but the fact of the matter is I can see these dates as being accurate as my claim is already at 22 months. Last week I was told that the average time for processing in the preperation for decision phase, at the Reno VARO, was 120 days.

Then there is the BVA's decision search website that has been down for months. I firmly believe that this site was deliberatly taken down because veterans were using it to assist them in their own claims. If they can screw up the ebenefits website over night they can get the BVA search website up in the 2 or 3 months that it has been down.

I believe there are a lot of VA employees that are doing their jobs and truely care, but their is, what I believe to be, a level of incompetince in leadership at the VA that is not seen in any other governmental agency.

WHAT A JOKE!

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Please take the time to complain to the BVA ombudsman in email:

bvaombudsman@va.gov

and

Secretary Eric Shinseki

Department of Veterans Affairs

810 Vermont Avenue, NW

Washington, DC. 20420

and

Chairman Jeff Miller

House Committee on Veterans' Affairs

335 Cannon House Office Building

Washington, D.C. 20515

If I get a response on my recent letters to the Sec and the H VAC chairman, I will let you all know.

As mentioned before the BVA told me that a 'contractor' had to fix the BVA web site. There have been problems with it since Oct 2010. This lastest problem started in mid July 2012.

Looks like ebenefits is all snafued now. too

Next thing you know the VA Finance check department will be buggered .(No soup for you.)

That DID happen some years ago.

I hope the totally 'paperless' VA that Secretary Shinseki envisions, does not have to rely on a 'contractor' if problems occur with the extensive medical data and claims evidence that a 'paperless' VA will involve.

Edited by Berta

I would hope that the independent contractors are citizens of the US and not imports In my former career before becoming totally disabled as a senior Programming analyst as well as a project manager several times over and team developement lead this is absurd! In the private sector the terms heads would roll applies this update is unbelievable as well as unprofessional with a country loaded with IT professionals that know what the hell they are doing how can any goverment agency ever stoop to such a low degree of dereliction is beyond me. Naturally in the private sector a dollar amount would be attached to this extreme blunder however in dealing with an agency whom's careers seem never in jeopardy sub par performance is the norm go figure.

I love ebenefits because it gives me a good laugh. Tuesday I faxed in the lien notice and eviction notice to the Reno VARO. The Reno RO is really good at getting documents uploaded into the system because everytime I send them something it shows up on ebenefits within a few days. With the lien and eviction notices I also attached a Statement in Support of Claim requesting the VA expidite my claim due to financial hardship. So, what does the VA do? On the claims summary page of ebenefits they change the estimated completion date. Yep, they pushed the estimated completion date out another by a month. Too funny! I'm glad I take everything I see on ebenefits with a grain of salt. Again, WHAT A JOKE!

Please take the time to complain to the BVA ombudsman in email:

bvaombudsman@va.gov

and

Secretary Eric Shinseki

Department of Veterans Affairs

810 Vermont Avenue, NW

Washington, DC. 20420

and

Chairman Jeff Miller

House Committee on Veterans' Affairs

335 Cannon House Office Building

Washington, D.C. 20515

If I get a response on my recent letters to the Sec and the H VAC chairman, I will let you all know.

As mentioned before the BVA told me that a 'contractor' had to fix the BVA web site. There have been problems with it since Oct 2010. This lastest problem started in mid July 2012.

Looks like ebenefits is all snafued now. too

Next thing you know the VA Finance check department will be buggered .(No soup for you.)

That DID happen some years ago.

I hope the totally 'paperless' VA that Secretary Shinseki envisions, does not have to rely on a 'contractor' if problems occur with the extensive medical data and claims evidence that a 'paperless' VA will involve.

i know this an old post but i have a thought that hasn't left my head and want to ask:

i filed a complaint 4 times with local VA advocate. that many times was due to first advocate not getting it into the computer so i was told, and the other times due to i never heard back. that is to say, the advocate would tell me i would be hearing from someone about the complaints and that she had forwarded them and that they were in the computer. that was back starting in 2011.

i told the advocate i was writing to DC and she said something to the effed, "why, they will just send it back to us".

i see you advise writing & emailing those addresses you list. i had Shinseki's address but not the others. i can send my list of concerns to them?

I wonder how much time and money the VA will waste today explaining the latest ebenefits update. Then there are the VSO's that will be getting bombarded with calls by concerned veterans that check their status on ebenifits and see the garbage that is on there this morning. seems to me everyone is getting the same type of information that they got in the last ebenifits update only in a different format. What I find most disturbing are the expected completion dates. My expected completion dates this time are between 12/23/2012 and 5/23/2012. Now, I know not to put my faith in any date that the VA gives me on completion, but the fact of the matter is I can see these dates as being accurate as my claim is already at 22 months. Last week I was told that the average time for processing in the preperation for decision phase, at the Reno VARO, was 120 days.

Then there is the BVA's decision search website that has been down for months. I firmly believe that this site was deliberatly taken down because veterans were using it to assist them in their own claims. If they can screw up the ebenefits website over night they can get the BVA search website up in the 2 or 3 months that it has been down.

I believe there are a lot of VA employees that are doing their jobs and truely care, but their is, what I believe to be, a level of incompetince in leadership at the VA that is not seen in any other governmental agency.

WHAT A JOKE!

Scatty, I know a couple of veterans that work at the VARO in Louisville. I, like you believe that most employees do their jobs and truely care. The two that I know are extremely frustrated with the system. There are so many rules that each claim has to go by, mandatory time periods for processing and stages/phases. One of the biggest complaints they have is when the veteran receives correspondence from the va, the VCAA letter is hardly returned as requested. That single piece of paper is pretty powerful. It determines which route the claim will travel. These two guys work their but off every day, and when I see them, I thank them for what they do. The veterans that work for VA that has a claim in the system, they go through the same idocrencies that everybody else does. They don't have access to their own claims which is a good thing I believe and they are adjudicated by another VARO. That rule will keep those effected honest I guess. What upsets me, is the Secretary of VA, travels the US and tells everybody how great and wonderful how VA is doing and how the VA is processing x number of claims. That number is comprised by the fully developed claims and claims that only have one or two disabilities listed. Once a claim reaches the appeals in DC, thats up to 5-8 years longer. That is where the mess is. These veterans that are waiting for years for a decision is totally unexceptable, and that process is what needs some adult leadership and adult leadership quick!!!