Sponsored Ads

• Latest Donations

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
mistercee32

Voc Rehab Question

Question

Hi all,

I have a few questions in regards to Voc Rehab. I am looking to try and apply for voc rehab once my claim is finished being processed.

1. Is it more benificial to do voc rehad or to do post 9/11?

2. If you do voc rehad can you still do post 9/11 after you complete the voc rehab program?

3. I understand that while under the voc rehab program that you are intitled to a monthly stipen, I have heard that their is a new law stating that you can use the post 9/11 stipen amount for your voc rehab stipen, is that true?

4. Also, I have been told that you have to sign up for what ever educational plan the voc counsler choose for you to go into? If so do they have an IT program? because that is the program that I am interested in getting a degree in.

This is just a few things that I have on my mind in regards to Voc Rehab, someone please set my mind at ease on this.

Oh, I have called VA and requested a memorandun of rating while they work on my claim. Is that possible to recieve? When I spoke to "PEGGY" she knew what I was talking about and sent a request to my rater. (she actually did it while I was on the phone with her). This request was put in last week and I have not gotten anything yet. Is their a certain time line for this type of memo to come to you.

Thanks,

Mistercee32

3 answers to this question

Hidden

Hi all,

I have a few questions in regards to Voc Rehab. I am looking to try and apply for voc rehab once my claim is finished being processed.

1. Is it more benificial to do voc rehad or to do post 9/11?

I would go with Voc Rehab and elect the BAH pay of post 9/11. If you qualify for both, then you are entitled to choose which pay you want. Voc Rehab pays for all your tuition, books,75 dollars in consumable supplies each semester, allows you to purchase a laptop/desktop/printer. If you are at a university and the school requires health insurance they should pay for it. Other request for supplies can be included, but must be on your syllabus or a note from a doctor/professor. However, the program is great, but the counselors can be a pain. Overall it is worth it in my opinion.

2. If you do voc rehad can you still do post 9/11 after you complete the voc rehab program?

No, you can not.. You'll exhaust your post 9/11 out using the Voc Rehab. Post has 36 months and the Voc has 48 months. However, you can go past the 48 months in voc rehab, regardless what most counselor says, there are ways.

3. I understand that while under the voc rehab program that you are intitled to a monthly stipen, I have heard that their is a new law stating that you can use the post 9/11 stipen amount for your voc rehab stipen, is that true?

True

4. Also, I have been told that you have to sign up for what ever educational plan the voc counsler choose for you to go into? If so do they have an IT program? because that is the program that I am interested in getting a degree in. False, you lead the way and speak your mind. If you want to go into an IT Program and your capable of doing that, then go for it.

This is just a few things that I have on my mind in regards to Voc Rehab, someone please set my mind at ease on this.

Oh, I have called VA and requested a memorandun of rating while they work on my claim. Is that possible to recieve? When I spoke to "PEGGY" she knew what I was talking about and sent a request to my rater. (she actually did it while I was on the phone with her). This request was put in last week and I have not gotten anything yet. Is their a certain time line for this type of memo to come to you.

Thanks,

Mistercee32

Ad

Hey thanks Dot09, I appreciate the response, I think that is the route that I want to take to get an IT degree. Bummer on the not being able to have post 9/11 afterwards. I was hoping that I could use it for an secondary degree in Human Resources. Oh well I guess I cant be greedy, huh.

By any chance have you heard anything in regard to a memorandum of rating? like I sated before I spoke to "PEGGY" on the #800 and she knew what I was talking about and was sending a request to my rater while I was on the phone with her. Normally how long does it takes to receive that kind of memo? Just wondering.

Hidden

Hey thanks Dot09, I appreciate the response, I think that is the route that I want to take to get an IT degree. Bummer on the not being able to have post 9/11 afterwards. I was hoping that I could use it for an secondary degree in Human Resources. Oh well I guess I cant be greedy, huh.

By any chance have you heard anything in regard to a memorandum of rating? like I sated before I spoke to "PEGGY" on the #800 and she knew what I was talking about and was sending a request to my rater while I was on the phone with her. Normally how long does it takes to receive that kind of memo? Just wondering.

I have no idea on your question. I'm sure others will chim in if they know the answer. If it comes down to it and your short of time from your degree, keep fighting for more voc time. There is information on here of how to do that. Don't take no for answer, but seeing as you are just starting the voc, play the game until that point and time.

Best of luck

Thanks Dot09. You have been most informative. I am gonna try and play it by ear. I just a call from a guy from IRIS on a request that I made for a copy of my c-file and the guy stated that he is going to submit an FOIA to the RO (Salt Lake City) that has my claim and get a copy sent out to me. He then asked me is their anything else that I need and I said hell yeah, lol. I asked him about my memorandum of rating and he stated that the request was sent in to the rater and that it will take a little time. Ok, fair enough I'll give it the time. He then asked me did I fill out a form 28-1900 and I told him no and he said that I should go ahead and fill it out and send the form to the RO that is working my claim and not to the one where I am currently living (Atlanta, GA) because the memorandum will be sent to the salt lake city RO where my claim is at. Do that sound like normal procedure to you? or should I send the 28-1900 to ATL Voch Rehab and tell them to get the memo from salt lake city?

Just things on my mind, lol.

Thanks

Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

Thanks Dot09. You have been most informative. I am gonna try and play it by ear. I just a call from a guy from IRIS on a request that I made for a copy of my c-file and the guy stated that he is going to submit an FOIA to the RO (Salt Lake City) that has my claim and get a copy sent out to me. He then asked me is their anything else that I need and I said hell yeah, lol. I asked him about my memorandum of rating and he stated that the request was sent in to the rater and that it will take a little time. Ok, fair enough I'll give it the time. He then asked me did I fill out a form 28-1900 and I told him no and he said that I should go ahead and fill it out and send the form to the RO that is working my claim and not to the one where I am currently living (Atlanta, GA) because the memorandum will be sent to the salt lake city RO where my claim is at. Do that sound like normal procedure to you? or should I send the 28-1900 to ATL Voch Rehab and tell them to get the memo from salt lake city?

Just things on my mind, lol.

Thanks

What is your rated disability? No, you need to send it to your local RO of where you live.

Edited by Dot09