VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Voc Rehab Question

Rate this question

mistercee32

Question

Hi all,

I have a few questions in regards to Voc Rehab. I am looking to try and apply for voc rehab once my claim is finished being processed.

1. Is it more benificial to do voc rehad or to do post 9/11?

2. If you do voc rehad can you still do post 9/11 after you complete the voc rehab program?

3. I understand that while under the voc rehab program that you are intitled to a monthly stipen, I have heard that their is a new law stating that you can use the post 9/11 stipen amount for your voc rehab stipen, is that true?

4. Also, I have been told that you have to sign up for what ever educational plan the voc counsler choose for you to go into? If so do they have an IT program? because that is the program that I am interested in getting a degree in.

This is just a few things that I have on my mind in regards to Voc Rehab, someone please set my mind at ease on this.

Oh, I have called VA and requested a memorandun of rating while they work on my claim. Is that possible to recieve? When I spoke to "PEGGY" she knew what I was talking about and sent a request to my rater. (she actually did it while I was on the phone with her). This request was put in last week and I have not gotten anything yet. Is their a certain time line for this type of memo to come to you.

Thanks,

Mistercee32

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Hey thanks Dot09, I appreciate the response, I think that is the route that I want to take to get an IT degree. Bummer on the not being able to have post 9/11 afterwards. I was hoping that I could use it for an secondary degree in Human Resources. Oh well I guess I cant be greedy, huh.

By any chance have you heard anything in regard to a memorandum of rating? like I sated before I spoke to "PEGGY" on the #800 and she knew what I was talking about and was sending a request to my rater while I was on the phone with her. Normally how long does it takes to receive that kind of memo? Just wondering.

Thanks Dot09. You have been most informative. I am gonna try and play it by ear. I just a call from a guy from IRIS on a request that I made for a copy of my c-file and the guy stated that he is going to submit an FOIA to the RO (Salt Lake City) that has my claim and get a copy sent out to me. He then asked me is their anything else that I need and I said hell yeah, lol. I asked him about my memorandum of rating and he stated that the request was sent in to the rater and that it will take a little time. Ok, fair enough I'll give it the time. He then asked me did I fill out a form 28-1900 and I told him no and he said that I should go ahead and fill it out and send the form to the RO that is working my claim and not to the one where I am currently living (Atlanta, GA) because the memorandum will be sent to the salt lake city RO where my claim is at. Do that sound like normal procedure to you? or should I send the 28-1900 to ATL Voch Rehab and tell them to get the memo from salt lake city?

Just things on my mind, lol.

Thanks

Well Dot09. I haven't gotten my rating from VA yet. That is why I requested a memorandum from my RO in Salt Lake City. I am looking at getting anywhere from 70% to 90% (sleep apnea w/cpap, chronic sinusitis, lumbar spine, bilate elbow and foot, and various other disabilities). Ok, I will try and see if I can call my local Voch Rehab here in Atl, GA and make sure that the form is supposed to be sent to them and not Salt Lake City RO where my disibility claim is located.

I appreciate your response and help on figuring this thing out.

Thanks