VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Disability Percentage Question

Rate this question

david.arnold8

Question

I am currently serving in the Army as an infantryman. I have 7 years of service and 2 deployments. I just recently had a sleep study done, because I was feeling tired and sluggish all the time. My wife is the one that noticed it first. Well, while addressing my sleep issues they found that I have a seizure disorder and my Neurologists gave me a P3 profile recommending for an MEB. I was wondering what kind of percentage am I looking at? I noticed this problem after 4 years of service, no prior sleep problems or seizures as I child. What trips me out is I have never been in a direct explosion blast and I don't remember having any head trauma other than day to day bumping my head...

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

The sleep clinic issued me a CPAP, I still haven't been able to sleep with it. I don't know what I am supposed to be claiming. The doc said I had a seizure disorder and she started me on meds and I am on a no driving profile until they make sure that they have it under control. I will have another EEG done while on the MEDS then if all is good I will be able to drive again. I didn't have this shit before I came in so I am assuming I developed it during service or it is service related. I also have had bed wetting episodes (rare maybe 8 times in the past 4 or 5 years) Back in 2008 I put my wife in a rear naked choke while sleeping and didn't even know it until the next morning(happened in 2008). As of right now I sleep on the couch because I keep my wife awake with frequent moving, grinding teeth, and snoring. I haven't really told the docs too much about bed wetting because of the rarity and embarrassment. So... sleep apnea with machine which I have is 50%, what about seizures under control with meds?