VA Disability Claims Community Forums - HadIt.com Veterans

• veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.

CHAT NOW

• question-001.jpeg

Have Questions? Get Answers.

Tips on posting on the forums.

1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery instead of ‘I have a question.

2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title.
      I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.

3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story.

Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

Leading too:

exclamation-point.pngPost straightforward questions and then post background information.

Examples:

• Question A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    Rephrase the question: I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

• Question B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
    Rephrase the question: I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial of your claim?”

Note:

• Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• VA Watchdog

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Crdp

HSCM

Question

Good evening everyone. Just finished up a C+P exam for GERD, everything went pretty well. The Providence VAMC doesn't seem to bad. During the exam the doc asked how close I was to 100%. I told him I am 90%. He said keep going till you are 100%. He also said the VA should take care of vets, and he has a mission to make that happen. He is a rare bird for sure.

The question. CUrrently I am 90% with SMC(k).I am fairly close to being 100% via scheduler alone, assuming I win on three DROs (anxitey, athopy of the testies, and allergic Rhitits) I retired with 20 years of service and get about 2400 dollars a month of retirement pay. If I am rated at 100% which is about 3K in CDRP. How much do I get in CRDP? It appears your CRDP can't be more that your retired pay. Is this true for 100% also? Am I fighting for 400 dollars or 1K?

Thanks for your time

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

7 answers to this question

CRDP and CRSC are explained here:

And if you put CRDP CRSC into the hadit search feature about 10 pages of discussion will pop up on these programs. We have some CRDPers and CRSCers here too.

Thanks for the links Berta. I looked at them but can't really find the answer I am looking for.

The policy says CRDP can't exceed Retirement pay. My retirement pay is 2400, if I hit 100% my CRDP would be about 3K. I am assuming I only get 2400 not 3K, but am trying to get some confirmation on that.

HSCM,

why did you have a C&P for GERD. was it for an increase., or just the usual. Just wonder if because you are close to 100 percent did they do a overall C&P. meaning everything that you are service connect for.

REDDIT

GERD was a new claim, was supposed to be on my first claim but got missed.

I retired 1.5 years ago got 80% after about a year of waiting.

Then last year my thyroid went wacky, so I got 30% from that.

I have three items on DRO appeal, which I hope turn out to be 30,20,10 and the GERD as a new claim which I am shooting for 30. If the stars line up right, I would hit 95% which would round up to 100. Which is where the 100% and CRDP pay question came from.

I'm curious about this as well. Being 90%, I am looking for a way to get to that 100% mark, from which I have been told is almost impossible at the 90% range. I tryed to do the math and couldnt, but you will definitely need to get one of your ratings bumped and probably another new one in the 30-50% range.

Also, let me know how your GERD goes, cause out of all my problems, I would say the GERD is the most troubling and was only rated at 10%, "see my ratings" and I will def try to get that one boosted up 10-20%.

My path to 100% has a couple possible routes. I have three items on appeal 1) anxiety which was service connected, but got zero, had a GAF of 60. Looking for 30% there. 2) athorphy of my junk 20% that one should be cut and dry. 3) Allergic Rhinitits which is on appeal, VA said it wasn't service connected, gave them the list of documents, and the scale up of allegy meds, 10% there. All the appeals are going DRO route, been there since Mar 12. The Providence VA seems to be stuck at 1027 appeals for the last month on the Monday Morning report.

I am hoping for a 30% on the GERD, if that all works out that would give me the 100%. My backup plan in to claim worsing of my Lumbar back issues, which I know they rated low. I have a couple items that I haven't claimed. Providence VA is able to crank out a single item claim in about a month.