VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Penis Malpractice 10 Mil Lawsuit

Berta

Question

Ky. Man Says VA Treatment Caused Frostbitten

PENIS

in part;

<a name="date_partner">

An Army veteran is seeking $10 million from the federal government, accusing a Veterans Administration nurse of repeatedly put ice packs on his penis after surgery, causing frostbite and gangrene and ultimately leading to the organ's partial amputation.

Michael D. Nash of Louisville filed suit Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Louisville for what he calls medical malpractice.

Nash, who served in the Army in 1968 and 1969, went to the VA hospital in Lexington for medically necessary surgery on his penis. Nash's attorney, Larry Jones of Jones Ward law firm in Louisville, said that after the procedure a nurse packed Nash's groin in ice for 19 hours.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/ky-man-va-treatment-caused-frostbitten-penis-17375121#.UGsD11EczTx

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

At first, I thought this was a story about John Holmes ...

Sorry, my mistake.

Ky. Man Says VA Treatment Caused Frostbitten

PENIS

in part;

<a name="date_partner">

An Army veteran is seeking $10 million from the federal government, accusing a Veterans Administration nurse of repeatedly put ice packs on his penis after surgery, causing frostbite and gangrene and ultimately leading to the organ's partial amputation.

Michael D. Nash of Louisville filed suit Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Louisville for what he calls medical malpractice.

Nash, who served in the Army in 1968 and 1969, went to the VA hospital in Lexington for medically necessary surgery on his penis. Nash's attorney, Larry Jones of Jones Ward law firm in Louisville, said that after the procedure a nurse packed Nash's groin in ice for 19 hours.

http://abcnews.go.co...21#.UGsD11EczTx

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

OMG

I feel bad for this guy. Looks like the VA is following their standard operating procedure of initial denial:

Nash initially pursued compensation under the Federal Tort Claims Act - a civil procedure which requires a person to file a claim with the government and prevents them from suing until the claim is resolved.

The Department of Veterans Affairs reviewed the claim and rejected it in July.

"It is our opinion that there was no negligence on the part of the Department of Veterans Affairs or any of its employees in connection with the claimed loss; therefore your claim is denied," wrote Melinda Frick, Indianapolis-based regional counsel for the VA.

Jones said the extent of Nash's injuries are what prompted the lawsuit.

"If this was someone who had a little frostbite and a little burning for a couple of days, there would be no suit," Jones said. "I would not wish this on my worst enemy."

You're right Vync. SOP, thinking maybe he was in such bad shape he wouldn't push back. But he's got himself a bulldozer to push for him. Just wondering if he's going to let the VA do the reconstruction so he can take a normal whiz.