VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Results Request

Rate this question

john999

Question

Hi family, I've been following for a good while now but first time posting. Had a follow up tbi C&P at vamc per request of examiner as part of my appeal on August 28, 2012. Requested copies from ROI at DORN Columbia, SC and today was told to expect a letter in mail explaining denial of this basic request. Is this common? I similarly requested a PTSD copy from same office and had no problem receiving results within 2 weeks. I know this isn't very detailed but why would they deny me my right to know? My appeal is with the RO at the office adjacent to the vamc. I appreciate any insight and love the camaraderie here. Great to see vets stand together against the system without degrading each other.

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

You can have the results sent to a private doctor and then have that doctor show you. I did this.

Good idea. Do you have any insight into why they would readily give me the PTSD results but not the tbi? Granted they were different examiners, but it was the same vamc and same ROI office. Shouldn't they follow a more consistent procedure? I'm worried because the PTSD was clearly in my favor with a score of 43. I did get the notes from the tbi doc but that was before the objective testing. In the notes he indicates I have all the symptoms but wanted the objective testing to confirm his opinion. That's why I'm a bit uncertain now that he has suddenly declined to reveal to me the outcome. They have already granted me a secondary vision impairment in my left eye with severely reduced peripheral vision. This was secondary to the total anatomical loss of my right eye from the IED explosion. I'm at a combined 70% for the vision issues but was too focused on recovery to notice that they never checked for tbi or PTSD. My point is I'm not sure what the difficulty in granting the tbi is if they already consent to the severity of the head injury. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't have any idea besides the one Phil gave for them not wanting to give you the results. If they give you results of PTSD c&p I can't see why not for TBI. You have a right to see this stuff since these are your medical records . With a GAF of 43 you are in 100% territory for the PTSD all things being equal.