VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cpap Tremors And Depression

Rate this question

MKIII87Turbo

Question

I'm at 80% disability for chronic migraines, knee replacement, carpal tunnel L/R, kidney problems, and back problems. Probably missing some too. The last few months I've been going to th VA to get my back, migraines and carpal tunnel rechecked due to increase in pain. I have a few questions.

I was diagnosed with depression for the pain I'm in, 6-10 everyday. I'm not on medication for it but attend classes.

I was put on the CPAP machine due to my weight I would assume. The neurologis says weigh gain is from the Depakote I take everyday for the migraines.

I was diagnosed with tremors caused by the Depakote I take for the migraines.

I would think these are secondary to my main problems. Should I claim them? Is there set % for them or does it vary?

Since my new findings are with the VA system, will I need to get copies of my records when submitting for reevaluation/new submissions for a higher rating? Or do they have access to the medical records.

Definitely send copies of all medical records (return receipt) pertaining to any medical issues you are claiming with your claim form to your RO. Although they have access to your medical records, NEVER think for one minute that they will automaticly do anything to advance your claim. I can't give you an answer on the percentages you ask about.

• HadIt.com Elder

You know depakote is for seizures. It is used off label for bipolar and other conditions. I took it and got lost on local highways. It is usually used for mania in the bipolar realm. Neurontin, topomax and lyrica are all seizure meds that are used off label by the VA. If you are on CPAP it is because you have sleep apnea. If doctor will say that VA meds caused weight gain which caused apnea you have a good claim.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are 80% and attend classes the VA is paying for, good for you! If you were not, you might consider applying for TDIU (100%)

I'm at 80% disability for chronic migraines, knee replacement, carpal tunnel L/R, kidney problems, and back problems. Probably missing some too. The last few months I've been going to th VA to get my back, migraines and carpal tunnel rechecked due to increase in pain. I have a few questions.

I was diagnosed with depression for the pain I'm in, 6-10 everyday. I'm not on medication for it but attend classes.

I was put on the CPAP machine due to my weight I would assume. The neurologis says weigh gain is from the Depakote I take everyday for the migraines.

I was diagnosed with tremors caused by the Depakote I take for the migraines.

I would think these are secondary to my main problems. Should I claim them? Is there set % for them or does it vary?

Since my new findings are with the VA system, will I need to get copies of my records when submitting for reevaluation/new submissions for a higher rating? Or do they have access to the medical records.

Yup, we spent about 10 minutes talking about Depakote. It is for chronic migraines as a preventative med. I tried the triptozan(sp) stuff for immediate relief but the migraines just laugh at it. Amazingly I don't have any one sympton that is 40% at this moment so can't apply for the TDIU. I'm also working on getting some of my main ones upgraded. (migraines/back) Thanks for the replies so far.

I am 50% for migraines, take Depakote and Gabapentin (Neurontin). I've had trouble maintaining weight and with tremmors. I don't know if there's documentation, but support your concern.

• HadIt.com Elder

I found this out the hard way but confirmed many times. If you have any type of Medical Problem that will not go away you will probably have depression. Some worse than others but battleing depression is part of the price for being disabled.