VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Printout Shows Military Disability 100% - Huh?

Rate this question

hedgey

Question

My DH was at the VA satellite regional office yesterday to ask some questions. The VA rep gave him a printout of his screen that showed several tabs. The tab that said Rating Information showed a list of his disabilities, SC or not, diagnosis code, and rating assigned to each disability with the effective date.

Another screen print (which I can't find right now, where the heck did I put it!??) showed something else, some other information. But what caught my eye and made me blink was this: It showed VA Disability = 100% Military Disability = 100%

Well that's funny. Why would it show Military Disability when DH didn't go through the MEB process when he was discharged. He was riffed for not making O-4, and not completing a command, I think. No one offered or suggested that he should request a Medical Retirement, even though he had 13 years in, and was rated 50% in less than 6 months after his discharge date.

He's never gotten anything from the Military except for his severance pay, which was essentially taken back via VA off-set when he should have started receiving compensation. Oh, wait, they did promote him to Major while he was IRR. Idiots. Oops, I blurted.

Anyway, does this have any meaning? I wish I could find that dang piece of paper. I had it right here with the other one...what'd I do with it?? Crud.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

on ebennies mine shows a military rating that I never had. I think once sc'd they consider it to have existed since discharge. though they don't pay that far back most times.

on ebennies mine shows a military rating that I never had. I think once sc'd they consider it to have existed since discharge. though they don't pay that far back most times.

My DH was at the VA satellite regional office yesterday to ask some questions. The VA rep gave him a printout of his screen that showed several tabs. The tab that said Rating Information showed a list of his disabilities, SC or not, diagnosis code, and rating assigned to each disability with the effective date.

I have been going va hospital for two years and back in June. I ask the He-onco doctor for a blood test status to give to MD Anderson cancer doctor's. Well, she said Okay and came back with this sheet that showed all my list of disabilities. My eye went wide open and Wow. This had each condition's and percentage. The stange thing is the letter I received from VA on my compensation said one thing and this list called it something else.

Example: the compensation letter from VA said 100% for Lypmh Nodes cancer---The list from Va Hospital called it 100% Hodgkins disease.

When MD Anderson cancer center the next and showed this list and they said you don't have Hodgkins disease

In fact everything on this list was different from my VA compensation letter. I ask the Primary Va doctor for a copy of this list and she acted like there is no list??

The real Doctor's over He-onco group are outside Doctor's and guess they did not know.

Another screen print (which I can't find right now, where the heck did I put it!??) showed something else, some other information. But what caught my eye and made me blink was this: It showed VA Disability = 100% Military Disability = 100%

Well that's funny. Why would it show Military Disability when DH didn't go through the MEB process when he was discharged. He was riffed for not making O-4, and not completing a command, I think. No one offered or suggested that he should request a Medical Retirement, even though he had 13 years in, and was rated 50% in less than 6 months after his discharge date.

He's never gotten anything from the Military except for his severance pay, which was essentially taken back via VA off-set when he should have started receiving compensation. Oh, wait, they did promote him to Major while he was IRR. Idiots. Oops, I blurted.

Anyway, does this have any meaning? I wish I could find that dang piece of paper. I had it right here with the other one...what'd I do with it?? Crud.