VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pending Decision Approval

Rate this question

Big Mac

Question

According to Ebenefits my claim has been sitting @ Pending Decision Approval for over two weeks. I've called 1-800-827-1000 twice & their response is that my claim is in notification phase with an average 15 days to receive.

• Answers 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Sounds promising.......when my claim said closed within a couple of days retro hit the bank. Keep checking your bank....... but Most importantly and reliable is when you receive notification via U.S. mail "the award letter> the Big Brown or White envelope! Good Luck to You!

According to Ebenefits my claim has been sitting @ Pending Decision Approval for over two weeks. I've called 1-800-827-1000 twice & their response is that my claim is in notification phase with an average 15 days to receive.

Don't count on ANY timeframes you are told, hear or read of.

We get our decisions and cash whenever it comes - finally comes.

I’m on pins & needles waiting to see my new VA rating. I applied for SSDI for my service connected injuries in April 2011 & was approved Sept. 2011. Here’s a statement the Dr. for my C&P exam wrote for my progress report.

Right Ankle

Does the Veteran’s ankle condition impact his or her ability to work? Yes, Veterans is unable to walk long distance due to right ankle condition. Assistive device; right ankle brace for support.

Back (Thoracolumbar Spine) Condition, Veteran has been diagnosed with thoracolumbar spine back condition; yes

Diagnosis #1 Lumbar DDD, L5-S1/Spinal Stenosis ICD code 722.6

Diagnosis #2 Radiculopathy, Lower Extremities ICD CODE 729.2

Back surgery Dec 2001 & Nov 2010, Mar 2011 MRI shows recurrent herniated nucleus pulposus L5-S1 spinal stenosis and left L5-S1 intraspinal, extraduaral epidural fibrosis & scar tissue & disc protrusion. Select where forward flexion ends (normal end point is 90) x5. Select where objective evidence of painful motion begins) x5, nothing higher than a x10. Does the veteran have additional limitation in ROM of the thoracolumbar spine (back) x yes. Does the veteran have any functional loss and/or functional impairment of the thoracolumbar spine (back)x yes. Less movement than normal Weakened movement, Excess fatigability Incoordination, impaired ability to execute skilled movements smoothly, Pain on motion, Instability of Disturbance of locomotion, Interference with sitting, standing and/or weight-bearing. Does the veteran have guarding or muscle spasm of the thoracolumbar spine(back) x yes. Abnormal spinal contour, such as scoliosis, reversed lordosis, or abnormal kyphosis. Does the veteran have IVDS of the thoracolumbar spine/ x yes. Assistive Device: brace & walker: Frequency of use: regular Does the veteran’s thoracolumbar spine (back) condition impact on his or her ability to work? x yes

Hip & Thigh Condition

Does the veteran report that flare-ups impact the function of the hip and/or thigh? X yes. Select where flexion ends (normal endpoint is 125 degrees) x15. Select where objective evidence of painful motion begins) x15. Is adduction limited such that the veteran cannot cross legs) x yes. Is rotation limited such that the veteran cannot toe-out more than 15 degrees? X yes. Does the veteran have additional limitation in ROM of the hip & thigh following repetitive-use testing) x yes. Does the veteran have any functional loss and/or functional impairment of the hip & thigh? X yes Unable to sit for long prolonged period of time due to back, knee and hip condition. Less movement than normal - Both, Weakened movement - Both, Excess fatigability - Both, Incoordination, impaired ability to execute skilled movements smoothly - Both, Pain on motion - Both, Instability of station - Both, Disturbance of locomotion - Both, Interference with sitting, standing and or weight-bearing - Both, Does the veteran have ankylosis of either hip joint? X yes. Assistive Device: brace & walker: Frequency of use: regular, Left knee brace for support due to occasional ‘giving way of left knee, walker for back condition and radiculopathy and knee condition, right ankle brace for support. Have imaging studies of the hip been performed and are the results available? yes, Is degenerative or traumatic arthritis documented? yes - Both, Does the veteran’s hip & thigh condition impact on his or her ability to work? x yes

Knee and lower leg conditions Diagnosis #1 Left Knee PFS ICD code 719.46, Diagnosis #2 Left Knee OA ICD code 715.90, Diagnosis #3 Right Knee DJD ICD code 715.90 Right knee medial meniscus tear,

Right Knee - Select where flexion ends (normal endpoint is 140 degree)x 95, Select where painful motion begins) 95, Unable to fully extend, extension ends x25,

Left Knee - Select where flexion ends (normal endpoint is 140 degree)x 110, Select where painful motion begins) 100, Unable to fully extend, extension ends x25, Is the veteran able to perform repetitive-use testing with 3 repetitions?

No, provide reason Limited due to back and knee pain,

Does the veteran have additional limitation in ROM of the knee and lower leg following repetitive-use testing) x yes, Does the veteran have any functional loss and/or functional impairment of the knee and lower leg? yes If the veteran has functional loss, functional impairment or additional limitation of ROM of the knee and lower leg after repetitive use, indicate the contributing factors of disability below (check all that apply and indicate side affected) Less movement than normal - Both, Weakened movement - Both, Excess fatigability - Both, Incoordination, impaired ability to execute skilled movements smoothly -Both, Pain on motion - Both, Instability of station - Both, Assistive Device: brace & walker: Frequency of use: regular, Disturbance of locomotion - Both, Interference with sitting, standing and or weight-bearing - Both, Does the veteran’s knee and /or lower leg condition impact on his or her ability to work? x yes, Unable to sit for prolong period of time due to back knee and hip condition.