VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Atlanta Ro Backlog

Rate this question

Stickman

Question

The other day I put in a question through iris, about the status of my appeal(3 issues), which started in March-2011. I got back the answer -" We appreciate your patience while we work down our backlog. We are currently working on NODs from Jan. 2010, forward." Wow - I guess that's another year.

I was holding off putting in new claim, since I was told months ago that my appeal was "made ready for decision", as of April, this year, after C and P exams. Now I'm thinking - why not?

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

My personal opinion is that it is better to file now. Why wait later?.........There is still going to be a long wait no matter what. I filed a NOD with the ATlanta RO in June and I don't expect to hear anything until next year........

Same here I have 3 claims in now. On ebenefit it shows date 10/09/2012 to 02/2013. It is also showing need more evidence. WOW I don't know what they are asking for. I have provided everything I have and what the Doctors has written. i think they arte clearing the back log by denied most and work on the easy ones. We will die from the diesase before they get to them.

I've been waiting 3 years, 8 Months for my first appeal with a date of claim of 7/2008. Date certified: 2/2009. The next appeal/DRO review request: 1 year, 6 Months from date of appeal, 2 years, 11 months from date of claim. I've pushed every button I have and still can't get the first appeal moving any faster. I have one active claim: dependency. The VA was missing one of my son's SSAN. I called then faxed it the same day (3/2012) and still the claim sits in "Claim Received." ATL RO stinks as far as I'm concerned.

• HadIt.com Elder

File an appeal to the CAVC and see how long it takes you. From the VARO to the CAVC has taken me about seven years with no end in sight. I thought I had an open and shut case, ha,ha. I may not live long enough if my lawyer has the guts to keep fighting in federal court if we lose at the CAVC. Can a wife pick up the fight in federal court if the vet dies along the way. I was looking at Philip Cushman and this guy has been fighting for 20 years on a claim were the VA altered his C&P file to defeat his TDIU claim. He has set precedents all over the place and his CAVC case was remanded back down the line where it may be denied all over again.

File an appeal to the CAVC and see how long it takes you. From the VARO to the CAVC has taken me about seven years with no end in sight. I thought I had an open and shut case, ha,ha. I may not live long enough if my lawyer has the guts to keep fighting in federal court if we lose at the CAVC. Can a wife pick up the fight in federal court if the vet dies along the way. I was looking at Philip Cushman and this guy has been fighting for 20 years on a claim were the VA altered his C&P file to defeat his TDIU claim. He has set precedents all over the place and his CAVC case was remanded back down the line where it may be denied all over again.

That's amazing. We probably have prisoners that see appeals quicker.Believe me, I'm aware that some have waited decades. I guess it's all relative; just know we can't give up. If we do, they win by doing NOTHING.