VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ao

Rate this question

BUZZ

Question

coronary atherosclerosis of the native coronary vessel,is that the same as coronary heart disease.Can you file for ao for it also what is the percentage the va gives for it>?

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Yes I believe it is the same, It is filed under AO. which is a presumtive and can be filed on the Fast Track

As for the %, that will depend on how extensive and severe your diagnosis is.

I could be wrong, if I am somebody will jump in here and correct me.

Thanks for your service,

Vetswife

• HadIt.com Elder

It is the same as Ischemic heart disease.

If you are in country RVN then it is a presumptive condition.

The Percentage and rtate depends on the severity. The lower your Mets or the lower your Ejection Fraction the higher the rating.

Here is the rating criteria.

7005 Arteriosclerotic heart disease (Coronary artery disease): With documented coronary artery disease resulting in: Chronic congestive heart failure, or; workload of 3 METs or less results in dyspnea, fatigue, angina, dizziness, or syncope, or; left ventricular dysfunction with an ejection fraction of less than 30 percent 100 More than one episode of acute congestive heart failure in the past year, or; workload of greater than 3 METs but not greater than 5 METs results in dyspnea, fatigue, angina, dizziness, or syncope, or; left ventricular dysfunction with an ejection fraction of 30 to 50 percent 60 Workload of greater than 5 METs but not greater than 7 METs results in dyspnea, fatigue, angina, dizziness, or syncope, or; evidence of cardiac hypertrophy or dilatation on electrocardiogram, echocardiogram, or X-ray 30 Workload of greater than 7 METs but not greater than 10 METs results in dyspnea, fatigue, angina, dizziness, or syncope, or; continuous medication required 10

3.309(e). AO presumptive. Of course boots on the ground Thailand around perimeter or Korea DMZ witin time period.

Ischemic heart disease (including, but not limited to, acute, subacute, and old myocardial infarction; atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease including coronary artery disease (including coronary spasm) and coronary bypass surgery; and stable, unstable and Prinzmetal’s angina)

Hello Buzz,

I would like to offer perhaps another situation. JBasser and T8R bring up the regs and from the PRESUMPTIVE regulations standpoint. These are suppose to help the Veteran with boots on the ground and if the accepted countries are there. You may also have another way and that is the DIRECT Exposure issue. It usually will require more medical on this subject and much environmental evidence. Preparing for a battle beyond the Regional Office level because it is not presumptive.

T8R, have you dealt with many claims from DIRECT exposure to AO involving IHD , Athero, CAD, from Agent Orange that is outside of all of the "accepted" VA countries/zones? Have you seen many AO claims for this succeed at the Regional Level and be rated and if not what about the remand process if BVA rules in favor but sends back to RO for rating? What are your thoughts on this? Thanks in advance. NEVER GIVE UP . God Bless, C.C.

Edited by Capt.Contaminate

I have only seen and worked ft McClellan. Never did see the end product on that one. Should have followed it. As for the othe parts appeals team sees those (remands and BVA). I know, i know not much help. Good luck with the claim. I can only supply regs and va info. This is all just my opinion and not others.

I have only seen and worked ft McClellan. Never did see the end product on that one. Should have followed it. As for the othe parts appeals team sees those (remands and BVA). I know, i know not much help. Good luck with the claim. I can only supply regs and va info. This is all just my opinion and not others.