VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Primary Conditions.........secondary And Presumtives

Rate this question

nbll01

Question

Im fairly new to posting here and upon doing a lot of research on my claims a few things struck me. Seems like it would be a great idea to have a link dedicated to Primary Conditions and info on secondary or presumptives to the condition. I know for myself Having Rhinitis and thru researching all I could on the subject, it seems (and i could be wrong) but asthma from what I understand is a secondary presumtive to the Rhinitis? I may be off base, I just though that others that suffer from other conditions and ailments related to the primary condition could really benefit from knowing the info. There may be a lot of others that have no idea what conditions (primary) and secondary may be related or presumptive to one another.

Edited by nbll01

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Im fairly new to posting here and upon doing a lot of research on my claims a few things struck me. Seems like it would be a great idea to have a link dedicated to Primary Conditions and info on secondary or presumptives to the condition. I know for myself Having Rhinitis and thru researching all I could on the subject, it seems (and i could be wrong) but asthma from what I understand is a secondary presumtive to the Rhinitis? I may be off base, I just though that others that suffer from other conditions and ailments related to the primary condition could really benefit from knowing the info. There may be a lot of others that have no idea what conditions (primary) and secondary may be related or presumptive to one another.

I have no idea where your getting the information above from

but no, asthma is not necessarily a secondary to Rhinitis and is definitely

not presumptive for va purposes.

On the issue for SC as secondary, you would first need the Rhinitis SC'd

and then a medical professional to diagnose and connect (nexus) the asthma

to the Rhinitis, supported with full medical rationale.

3.309 Disease subject to presumptive service connection.

http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?c=ecfr&SID=3285c6b1bf01ada81961249ebe3c1e81&rgn=div8&view=text&node=38:1.0.1.1.4.1.66.117&idno=38

I have asthma and allergic rhinitis. I am rated seperately for both ( as well as sinusitis) and Asthma is not secondary to rhinitis.. I suggest you do some more research.. Factually, when when is present.. it is not uncommon to have the other but that does not make them secondary to each other.... they are normally stand alone diseases,....