VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Freedom Of Info

Rate this question

LIL-ROB

Question

This is new to me on my claim.It stats that information act closed as of 10/17/2012. I have no idea what that means. But its still showing my appeal pending and my other claims is being rated. Totally lost on this.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

FOI is just a form you sign if you have reports that need to come from a private doctor for each private doctor. They give the doctors so many days to submit the documents and then they close it period out. If you didn't sign a form they still have a time period they do for the FOI just in case you submit something after you submitted your claim.

Well my IRIS message from 7/19/2012, where I asked for a hard copy of the electronic school attendance form I submitted last October(link to print a copy for your records doesn't work), showed up as a FOIA/Privacy Act claim. It only took them over 100 days to log and set it up in eBenefits, it shows a estimated completion of between April and August of next year. Now keep in mind the FIOA regulations (the Law) says they are supposed to let me know if they have any records meeting the request within (I think) thirty days. Only the VA is brazen enough to post in writting that they are not complying with law, and the VA system seems to guarantee they will never face penalty or consequence!

Best regards,