VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ao & Ablue At Inchon 3/20/1968

Rate this question

Ascomdepot68

Question

I will try to post 6 messages concerning the shipment and arrival of Agent Orange and Agent Blue from Saigon RVN to Republic of Korea.

I do not have a full list of the units at that location (Camp Seattle) as of yet but at least the following units were there on that date (3/20/1968).

1st Base Post Office

CCA (I think this means Container Control Activity)

a detachment of Co A, 728th MP Co.

Hq & Hq Co, Inchon Petroleum Depot

503rd MP Detachment

HQ detachment 202nd Transportation BN

there was also a TMD unit there (household goods)

and probably others I haven't uncovered

The DoD is at present unsure of the location or route that the shipment took from there to "forward locations near the DMZ" where it

arrived on 10 April 1968. I suspect it came to USA ASCOM Depot at Bupyeong as all supplies in the northern half of Korea did.

These documents were acquired under a Freedom of Information Act request to Eighth US Army CG. This was perhaps 2% of what

I requested (didn't even really ask for these) but this is part of what they sent I think to attempt to sidestep what I really asked for.

The denial is under appeal. Robert McNamara, then Secretary of Defense, once said in relation to interview, debates, and speaches

"Never answer the question asked, instead answer the question you wished would have been asked."

Anyway, hope these help someone.

f600.pdf

f100.pdf

f200.pdf

f300.pdf

f400.pdf

f500.pdf

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

I was in Korea in 71/72 and I would like to Personally Thank You for this information! I was stationed with the 122nd Signal Bn at Camp Casey TDC, S. Korea I wish you Success on your Claim. I'm on Phase 2, DRO hearing phase.Another piece of the puzzle thanks to you!! BigRed