VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hypertension And Agent Orange

Rate this question

Kray

Question

I hope I have posted this question in the proper location and provided enough information to get an answer to this question.

I am rated 30% disability and receiving benefits for IHD (CAD) with stents and brachytherapy for Agent Orange from serving in Vietnam. Now I have been diagnosed with Hypertension. Will this qualify as a condition to CAD, secondary to Agent Orange or not.

Thank You

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hi Ken, I just had a stent put in and I have not filed yet. I am waiting to have a meeting with my heart Dr. BTW how many stents do you have? I was a grunt (11B) on the ground in VN. and I was in the rubber plantations and hobo woods. any way good luck with your claim.

I had three stents total. One of the stents failed twice and they had to do a procedure called brachytherapy which provides radiation to stent area to kill scar tissue. All of this was done in 2001. I filed in October 2010 and was finally approved in July 2012 for 30%. They have not ruled on any of my other issues since they are not on the list for AO. I was stationed at a Radar Site at Monkey Mountain near Da Nang.

Good luck on your claim.

Ken

To get sc for your hypertension asecondary to you IHD you need a nexus connecting the hypertension to you IHD. Where you may run into a problem is that hypertension usually proceeds IHD.

Ihad orders to that radar site in '71 but they got canceled due to my father being in Vietnam, instead they sent to Korat Thailand where I worked on the perimeter where I was exposed to AO.

Rick

To get sc for your hypertension asecondary to you IHD you need a nexus connecting the hypertension to you IHD. Where you may run into a problem is that hypertension usually proceeds IHD.

Ihad orders to that radar site in '71 but they got canceled due to my father being in Vietnam, instead they sent to Korat Thailand where I worked on the perimeter where I was exposed to AO.

Rick

All of these ruling and procedures are very confusing and very difficult to understand.

My IHD disease had been in place since 2001 and Hypertension occurred long after that so do not know if that provides the "Nexus" that seems to be required. Anyway Hypertension was not on my list when I submitted my first claim in Oct 2010 but I mailed it today to include it since they have not ruled on anything except the IHD.

I have been unable to obtain any military heath records after requesting them three times. Each time Military Records Managment state that the VA has them and the VA says they do not have them. It appears that someone is hiding them as I sure can't get them.

Many thanks to all of you on this forum for providing information.

Hi Kray

My husband is 70% AO for IHD, DMtype 2,PAD, ED. He put in a claim for hypertension along with his initial claim(also dx'd after the IHD like you) and although his BP readings would have qualified him for further compensation, AO is not presumptive for hypertension and since there was no other SC nexus, he was denied.

I asked both his cardiologist and his internist if, in their opinion, his hypertension was related to his IHD and they both said no.

Here's keeping our fingers crossed that you get a different ruling.

Lorraine