VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hypertension And Agent Orange

Rate this question

Kray

Question

I hope I have posted this question in the proper location and provided enough information to get an answer to this question.

I am rated 30% disability and receiving benefits for IHD (CAD) with stents and brachytherapy for Agent Orange from serving in Vietnam. Now I have been diagnosed with Hypertension. Will this qualify as a condition to CAD, secondary to Agent Orange or not.

Thank You

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks for your reply. From eveything I read now, mine will be also denied. Of course you never know what will happen in the future. I did not apply for CAD in 2001 when it first happened and as a result I missed out on lots of back money, some nine years. I also had Pancreatic Cancer in 2005 which is not covered by Agent Orange but you never know down the road what may happen.

Thanks to all that share information on this great forum. It has been a learning experience.

I was initially awarded 30% for IHD based on my AO exam. I'd had a heart attack followed by stent emplacement. My cardio records showed a diagnosis of IHD. My records also showed that at the time of my heart attack I had hypertension, though I was not being treated for it.

I'm told that you can be diagnosed with CAD and not have IHD.

I'd filed for IHD and secondary hypertension. My hypertension determination was deferred pending further evidence. The VA asked me for evidence that hypertension existed from military service. The VA also stated that my military medical records did not indicate that I had hypertension in service.

I had several disabilities including IHD and hypertension under review and did not attempt to specifically link my hypertension to my time in service.

I was later allowed hypertension at 0% secondary to DMII. I'm not sure why it was switched from IHD to DMII. My final award was 100% so I didn't go back and question it.

I hope this helps.

• HadIt.com Elder

Is it hard to get HBP linked to DMII. I have HBP and AO induced DMII? The HBP came after the DMII. I also have CAD linked to AO at 60%. I just want the VA to pay for my funeral when I die. It is the least they can do since they killed me one way or the other unless I get hit by a beer truck.